Thursday, March 10, 2011

Week Seven

Hallo Leute!

I'm having a good time here at the MTC. I really appreciate and enjoy the letters I've received. It's good to hear of the wonderful things going on in your lives. It testifies to me of the Lord's hand in our life. These next two weeks I'm really trying to make miracles happen every day because they can happen. I've learned that just like Ammon and his brethren gave much prayer and fasting and were able to change 1000's of people's hearts with their faith, I can do that too with fasting. I saw that this week. I have seen the power of fasting in a very real, true, and comprehensive sense. I know that God hears and answers prayers. I was praying for a long time for an answer to a question i had, and I finally realized the answer was you don't need an answer, you know what to do so keep going. Unfortunately and fortunately I can't control people's agency.

I'm super excited because our Travel Plans and Flight Plans came in yesterday! It's finally coming in 11 days that I'll be a missionary flying to Germany. We have a layover in Dallas, Texas and I'm going to set a goal to give out at least 5 Book of Mormon's and pass along cards or pamphlets. I want to share the Gospel and I'm super excited about it! The first day we get to Frankfurt we go Street Preaching, and I'm super excited to do that because I've been working really hard on street contacting. It might be hard to understand, but I know that according to my faith, I can have the gift of Tongues and the Interpretation of Tongues. I'm going to do it when I get there, and I'm going to do my best!

I had a really cool experience where I was reminded of being Obedient. Robert wrote me a letter that explained that going to bed even a minute late would cause me to possibly lose a blessing from God. D&C 130:20-21 clearly explains that power and blessings come from Obedience to heavenly Laws. I know that obedience is power. That night I was getting to bed and I was on the top bunk and it was 10:29 and time for the lights to be out. Everyone in the room was praying but me, and the lights were still on. Elder Hyatt, an Elder in my room he always sticks free stuff under my pillow and I have collected 5 missionary handbooks lets just say. I had one of those and I threw it at the light switch. I kind of prayed that it would do the trick and turn the light off. It hit the switch, and the Lord taught me something then. That missionary handbook helps me be obedient. I need to read it a lot more so that I can be 100% obedient and so I can go forth and preach with the Power and Authority of God. I committed to do that, so I decided I would stick to that. It was a cool experience and I decided I need to read that handbook at least once a week. That way i can always be reminded of obedience and that light switch experience. The Lord's hand is in our lives even in the very small things if we only will acknowledge and recognize His hand.

This week we started this thing on tuesdays I like to call Missionary90X! It's kinda like P90X but for missionaries to know how to do their own workouts in the mission field. It is pretty funny and fun and awesome! I'm sore from it, but it was a blast. I'm going to do it as much as possible. (Mom I just remembered I did not receive a letter from Dear Elder to Elder Peaden yet). Anyways, I had a great Sunday this Sunday. It was fast sunday and it was a really spiritual day! I guess it was a spiritual day for everyone. Mission conference was really spiritual and i felt the Spirit so strong because of praying and fasting to the Lord during that meeting. It was so amazing I can't really describe it and do it justice. We had a great sacrament meeting. We received some new Elders in the Branch and I could see their timidness and homesickness. i could see some our struggling. I know I've struggled here in the MTC and i was thinking of maybe sharing my Testimony of us going through a refiners fire, and that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I didn't think I would share it. Finally the last 10 minutes of the meeting I felt that I needed to share it and I was able to. I felt that lots of people benefitted from what I said and had a little more hope. I know I needed to hear my testimony I gave the very next day because it was a challenge. I've loved the MTC though, and I love my mission.
I'm not going to ever let discouragement, tiredness act on me because I know that my Redeemer lives and I know that that would be a disservice to Him, my companion, all mankind, and to myself. I want to be my best!
I hope missionary week was good for everyone! I love living that every day! It's super great to be a missionary. I want to go share my testimony and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I love my Savior.

I've been renewed with new determination this week and have stretched and grown a lot. I love you all and wish you luck in all you do! Have yourself a good week.

Viele Liebe

Elder Liddle

No comments: