Käre familj och vänner,
Wow what a week! Last Monday was like a good punch to the face, and taught me a lot during this week.
On Tuesday we had a great lesson with a Finnish lady who doesn't listen like most Swedes. It was fun. We had a great day of contacting, and went to a member's house for dinner that night who gave us a couple of referrals who are really positive. One of them came to church this past Sunday! We've got great members in the branch down here, and I'm so happy that they do so much to help us!
Wednesday was an exciting day full of missing buses and running. We ended up messing the time up on almost all of our appointments with the Delgados (Senior couple) this week. Tuesday we were thinking dinner was an hour later, Wednesday we thought that Gospel Principles was an hour later. Thursday we actually made it to district meeting on time and in the right place! It was fun! That is actually where a lot of learning took place. Monday night we were doing a lot of swing-by's in the snow, wind, and dark, and nobody was answering, and no one was on the street. It was really discouraging. Lately I haven't been doing as good as I should be on contacting, and of course, that was what we talked about in district meeting on Thursday. I love our district leader so much. He's Finnish. He talked about how Jesus street contacted, and gave scriptures about that, and then said something profoundly simple. The best places to contact people are on buses, trains, and at bus stops. I realized that, and listened to his advice of just opening your mouth and making friends, and the next day, we got on a bus and a young lady and old man came and sat next to me, and the strangest thing happened for a Swedish person to do. She talked to me! Perfect chance to practice what I learned the day before, so I just talked, and made friends with her, then he joined in, and she got off, and I made friends with him. I didn't get their numbers or really talk about church at all with them, but I feel better about those contacts than many of my street contacts. Since then my bus contacting has gone up as well as my street contacting.
Friday we decided to tract a university campus, and that was awesome. There are a lot of people who answer the door on a campus. We had to get out before 6 though, otherwise we might start running into the parties. Then Saturday came with a lot of street contacting, and we had dinner with the Delgados. We had a shepherd's pie, which is one of my and my companion's favorite meals. They told us that they really loved us because from day 1 when he put us on the spot and gave us about 1 min. warning that we were giving the message at a member's house, we taught a personal message in unity with each other and the Spirit. And ever since then he's felt we've done the same thing with preparation. It's incredible how much people can see the unity in a companionship, and how much of a difference that makes. Another thing that makes a big difference is where we found the message to share with them.
Scripture study makes a big difference. That's how we learn the best, and that's how God can best answer our prayers. I've really felt a difference this week because of my personal study, and it's given me so much inspiration to make it through the week, and given me all that I need to teach. God's promises are true in the Doctrine and Covenants when he says, "It shall be given in the very hour that portion which is meted unto every man." God blesses us with so much, and as King Benjamin reminds us, no matter how much we do, we will still be unprofitable servants. This week we had great success with a less active member who came and bore his testimony. We've visited him and invited him to things since I got here, and he came and was active. The joy that comes from that is incredible. Never doubt that God loves you, and made you to rise above all the evils that seek to overthrow you. He is there. Just have faith and act. The church is true, and Thomas S. Monson is God's prophet.
Mvh,
Äldste Liddle
No comments:
Post a Comment