That's a pretty impressive medical procedure! They emailed me and sent me some of the most adorable newborn pictures I've ever seen, as well as you and Dad sending several. It was raining here too on Halloween (who would have thought? You guys were just a couple hours away!) but we went in early, so we weren't caught in it too much. We have been enjoying the weather though; it's actually been pretty nice! I'm glad Rosie will be okay. I'm also applying the skills you taught me -- I cook quite a bit now! I don't have the time or equipment I'd like to do a lot of things, but I'm accumulating a lot of awesome recipes, experimenting, and I have discovered that biscuits are really cheap and awesome, and I can make them in about 20 minutes if I'm quick. Maybe a bit longer, but I'm getting faster haha. I really like knowing how to do that sort of thing. That's really cute that you two are finishing [reading and marking the Book of Mormon in response to Pres. Nelson's challenge to the sisters in general conference] together! I've been accelerating and I'm now in Helaman; Alma was really life-changing this time around. I feel like that's how it always is with the Book of Mormon. It will change our lives every time we read. I'm starting to become who I feel like I should be. That's something that can be kinda hard -- seeing the ideal and then not quite being there. I've come to terms with that a lot lately though, I feel like I'm on the right track, and as long as I do my best and keep setting goals and plans I will make it there eventually. I'm getting closer every day to being the missionary I want to be. Thinking about it, there's probably always a higher level to reach, God is always the ideal and it's going to be awhile before we can get there haha. I'm just striving right now to the ideal of a missionary who fearlessly talks to everyone and cares so much about the people. I'm not actually that far though haha, I definitely care immensely and I try to talk to a lot of people. Just a Liddle bit of change every day is all I need ;) But after this then I will be striving to the ideal of being like President and Sister Welch, or even better to be like you and Dad. I have a lot of amazing examples out there for me. I'm very grateful for you, Mom! I love you a lot!
Love,
Elder Liddle
I agree about languages, I think I'm going to continue in Japanese when I return (though it will be quite the fun time trying to catch back up!) and maybe even German. Spanish has been really fun, and I've made a new plan for language study that has helped me improve rapidly so far. It's cute that you and Mom are finishing The Book of Mormon together. I really like the idea of that. I'm also glad you had some Grandpa time. It sounds like you and Isaac had some fun conversations with those pictures haha. I'll be happy to get to know them some more down the line. Same with James, he looks like quite the cutie as well! Hopefully Mom is able to cope well with her withdrawals [sigh, it's hard for her to leave her grandsons, but at least she came back home to cute granddaughters in Orem]. I think I'll likely live reasonably close haha, but we will have to see! That's insane that you have another trip out of the country so soon, and right after stake conference! And then Disneyland right after that haha. That sounds like a lot of fun though! I'm sure Alice and Ella will be quite pleased to have their grandparents there to spoil them ;) I can feel you about time, it's definitely speeding up for me as well. I didn't realize how much it would actually happen!
Time is starting to get a little short, and I'm starting to rev the engines accordingly! I feel like I finally understand President Ballard's advice about setting goals and making "tactical plans" to achieve them. I don't remember where exactly the quote is in PMG, but it's a good one. I'm working more intensely in my language study, personal study, how I respond to promptings, talking to everyone, and really every aspect of the work! I'm trying to improve everything that I can control. I cook more, I study hard, I workout more, I plan more effectively, and I feel like I'm in control of my destiny. Temporally I'm thriving, spiritually I'm feasting, intellectually I'm expanding, and emotionally I'm learning. It's been amazing to see how things have culminated to this point, and how God is preparing me to be better. I can really rely on Him; if I'm on the wrong path he will nudge me the right way; if I'm lost and I don't know what to do an idea comes to mind, even if it doesn't seem like a good one. That's actually been something huge I've learned. Often we just do our best and when everything falls through and we're stuck, one of us thinks, even if it's just in passing "I wonder how __ is doing? Maybe we should visit __ or __? Hey, remember __? We haven't seen __ for a while." It's been really cool, and I realized that I basically always have something like that happen, I just didn't always listen to it. Now we've been recognizing it for what it is -- a prompting -- and have done our best to act accordingly. We've seen a lot of cool miracles, especially yesterday, when all our plans fell through but we had some amazing things set up! It was really good on Saturday too. We've been persistent, we've worked hard, and though people still sometimes choose to not do what we invite them to, we're seeing some good progress. I went on 2 exchanges this week, both of which were to areas that I'd previously served in. It was nice to see some people again and testify to them about the truth of this. I have a lot of love for them, and I just really want them to make the right choices. The biggest miracle this week was a referral from the English Elders. They had been teaching her kids but didn't know if she was interested, and she doesn't speak English. So naturally, we came in! We had a powerful lesson about the Restoration, and I felt inspired to ask her to be baptized. I thought "What? This is way too soon! We usually wait more, we don't even have time to explain all that we need to for that to make sense!" But the Spirit was firm in what it told me to do, and I knew I had to do it. The lesson went just the way that God wanted it to, and we were able to explain all that we needed to. Our plan for it changed, and we were able to invite her to be baptized, and she accepted (once she learns a bit more)! It was a powerful experience for me of following promptings, and I'm so grateful I did. We expect some good things to happen, and if not at least we delivered the message God sent us there for.
I love you, thanks for all you do!
Elder Liddle
No comments:
Post a Comment