Monday, June 10, 2019

Semana Ciento Siete (Week 107)

Well, this week was pretty stellar. Honestly we spent most of the week teaching, which was sweet! Actually I just checked and we only had 10 lessons, but this week was pretty busy still. A lot of the interactions weren't technically lessons, but they helped a lot.

For example, we only visited S____ twice, but he attended the baptism on Saturday and also Church on Sunday, where he was unofficially taught by some other elders and had countless good interactions. He's progressed so much; one of his big issues has been giving credit to God for the good things in life and he's finally starting to do so! He's basically been offering silent prayers without fully realizing it, and he was telling a member about how he was feeling the Spirit! It's been a true joy to see him progress. We meet with him tonight and help him keep on this good path!

We met with D____ a couple times too, and he was also at the baptism with his mom and sister! So get this: none of us knew, but the members who live by them invited his sister to an activity day girls camp and she LOVED it! There are a couple things holding back the family as a whole, but as for now our only obstacle is getting D____ out of bed for Church haha. Things are looking good.

B____ and M____ are also doing well. We are trying to get them going on family history, but I realized how few records the Church has indexed for El Salvador. It's pretty crazy. We just need some more information about B____'s German grandpa and that will open up a pretty awesome window I'm sure. They were pretty interested. We also had another cool lesson with them where we found out that there were some knowledge gaps about the priesthood, confirmation, and callings. We were able to talk about a lot of cool things and it went very well. B____ was going to get a chapel tour but things sadly fell through, though M____ was still able to come to Church. She came up after to say goodbye and it looked like she was going to give me a hug but I just shook her hand haha.

We had dinner with a member friend of mine at Skyline. It was great. I'll miss Skyline, but I hear you can find some recipes for a decent imitation... And though I'll miss Skyline out here Wendy's doesn't have spicy chicken nuggets, so there's some trade offs haha.

There were other lessons, other friends who I said goodbye to, many testimonies that I bore, but I'll leave you with these for the sake of time. I've had some very special experiences as I've tried to work my best this week.

Sunday was particularly good. I wanted to make sure I had at least one day where I talked to a lot of people to show my faith and diligence to God. So Sunday I made sure to put forth my best effort. The rest of the week was pretty full with appointments and random things, which I can't be too sad about. But talking to everyone has always been the hardest for me. This one last chance, I had to show God that I'm willing to improve still, even after all the times I've passed by someone. And as often happens with a show of faith, we had a miracle! We met a man who moved here from Guam about a year ago, and long story short his brother in law has been looking for the missionaries. He was about to be baptized in Guam until circumstances didn't permit. We sent off the referral, and I don't know what will happen, but I can maybe say to a fuller extent, "of those that thou gavest me I have not lost one." Despite my past shortcomings, I gave my last effort, my final sprint. I know that God takes our efforts into consideration, and He's proud of what we do well. And I'm not done yet. Tonight I still have a lot of testifying to do. And whatever happens, I know that God is pleased with my work.

See you on Wednesday(ish)!

Love,

Elder Liddle

No comments: