Thursday, February 24, 2011

Week Five

Hallo, Guten Tag Jeder!

I've been learning a lot here at the MTC. It's been a little bit of a struggle some days, but I've been working hard and having some very good times! My Deutsch, or German is coming amazingly well. I have some more to learn, but when the Spirit is here helping me I pick up new phrases and words everyday. I especially enjoy reading the Book of Mormon in German and I'm getting to the point where I can understand most of it. I get the message. It's an amazing unique experience here, that's for sure. This past week I found out that my teacher Bruder Bangeter, and two other teachers Sis. Jensen, and some other sister were in Robert's MTC district 2 years ago. I thought that was really awesome, and Elder Bangeter wanted me to say Hi to Robert!

This week as we went to the temple, I came out better than I went in. I had added strength, I believe I have angels about me too. I learned something that I've always known, but something I need to learn to actually do. I need to have charity. I need to have a lot more charity. I love Moroni, 7 and 10 where it talks about what we need, faith, hope, charity, and then we'll receive salvation. I really really really need to work on Charity though! I'm going to this week. I'm going to change my outlook and just look for opportunities to make people more happy and do it. I'll attack those opportunities to show love soo hard! For charity is the greatest of all, and without charity a man is nothing. Yes, we can pray for charity, and God can give us charity, and it is a gift from God, but we have to exercise our faith to get the gift. It takes faith in Jesus Christ to get charity.

This past week we had a great devotional on Tuesday night! Elder Patrick Kearon and his wife came and spoke to us with so much love that the Spirit was there very strongly. I learned a lot about faith and how to be a better missionary. He told of a story when he was a branch president in a little branch in Germany, and this one missionary came to his house every once in a while and would ask him about setting goals for the branch. The missionary came over one day and he said, Pres. Kearon, what do you think about doubling your branch of 30 members by the end of the year. That missionary had enough faith to do it. With faith, miracles are brought to pass. They had about 4 or 5 months left in the year and by the end of the year they had 24 more members. New Years Eve was a Sunday and that day, everyone thought, "well we tried, it was a good effort." Then a family of 6 members walked into the building as they had just moved into the ward. What a miracle, what faith. I need faith like that. At the close of the meeting I remember sitting there and singing Called to Serve. We stood up on the last verse as we were instructed and I love the part where it says, "called to serve our King!" I felt the Spirit very strong and I once again remembered why I'm here, where I'm going. I'm here to serve my King, Jesus Christ. I know that in Him is all power and He can do anything, and without Him, there's no purpose to life, no purpose to my mission. I might as well not exist if He didn't. I know that He lives though, and I know He redeems us from our sins. He is the Savior of the World. I love Jesus Christ so much.

I got released as district leader this past Sunday, and it is definitely different to not have that responsibility, but I'm just excited to be a missionary. I wouldn't rather be doing anything else at this time right now. It's the opportunity of a lifetime. I love you all and I appreciate so very much the support, the letters, and all that you do, or have done for me. I love you all! I know Jesus loves you too. I'm here because I love Him.

Viel Liebe

Elder Liddle

No comments: