Hallo! Ich liebe sie all!
Mom, I was saying that my companion is the answer to all your prayers. He's exactly what I need. Heavenly Father knows so well what we need, and will give it to us when we ask. I got the toiletry bag, not the pictures. Thank you so much for the valentines. I shared, and those crabby patty's were so good! I hope I'll be able to see Grant here in the MTC. Tell DJ I say congrats! That is so awesome! Let me know how he does at State.
So, this week was really amazing! I finally joined the MTC choir because I found out where to go. I missed out my first 3 weeks! I can't believe how awesome and powerful it is. The song we sang was "What Love that Glorifies the Son." It is something that I needed. We had a very spiritual Sunday with a great fireside at the end, and then we went on to Monday. Monday was a good day and we tried to speak Nur Deutsch. It worked until about 4 o clock and we were all really weary of speaking in only German. I need to work on speaking more only German though. It helps a ton especially when its really hard. Tuesday was a great day and I studied hard and felt the Spirit very strong. The very best part though was that night. I prayed for a good day and exercised Faith and it definitely paid off by the end!
I sang in the choir for the Devotional on Tuesday and it was a true fireside. I like the name "fireside" better because not only was it hot in that room, but the Spirit burned into my soul the importance of the message that night. Elder Pearson spoke, I think he's in a presidency of the Seventy or something like that. He spoke with great power and authority from God. He spoke so plainly, so harshly, so honestly, and truly would have said what Jesus would have said if He was there. I loved it so much. I've never been so happy and excited about being called to repentance in such a harsh way! A lot of people said that it would have been even cooler if an Apostle came and spoke, but I disagree because no one could have said it quite like Elder Pearson. He told us that we were looking at missionary work all wrong, and we are just being ourselves and going through the motions. He said that he was like that too, but he changed early on during his mission. At first when we go out on a mission, we think, "I like myself, and I'll go serve the Lord and continue to be myself." He said that we can't do that. We have to become disciples of Jesus Christ, the Son of the Living God! (3 Nephi 5:13). We have to truly remember, understand, and get lost in our purpose. He told us that we haven't made that change yet, and we needed to go make it that night! We needed to pray and work out with our Heavenly Father how we can truly lose ourselves and get lost in His work, and no longer caring at all about who I am, or what I feel, or whatever. I just need to be like Jesus Christ! Its never about me, its all about the Lord Jesus Christ, and the people he wants me to serve. He told us, you go change, you be great, you be the greatest missionary ever! He said, "Be so good, so obedient, so loving, that people cry when you leave that area! You be that missionary!" It was crazy and I felt the Spirit so strong, I can never forget that message. He asked us to do something that night. Have a discussion with ourselves and ask, "Am I prepared to be a disciple of Jesus Christ at all costs!?" Disciples of Christ do every single act dedicated to Christ. It's like 2 Nephi 32:9, and I think its 3 Nephi 27 in the first few verses talking about Christs disciples. I can't remember that one exactly. But its important that we become completely selfless, and the Lord is asking us to be as perfect as we can be! I know I can do more, but I know I need to get the Lord's work in it more. I was so excited to hear that message, and it's one of those things that you had to be there for because he delivered it with all his heart and with the Spirit. It was amazing.
I love the MTC and the things going on here. Its challenging each new day in a different way, but I'm learning I'm growing, and I'm striving to be a true disciple of Jesus Christ. I just hope and pray and strive to do all I can that the Lord will help me be my very best! I don't want to have any regrets. I've learned many times that it hurts more to give up, than to go through all the pain to do our best! There's a lot I have to change, a lot we all have to change, but as long as we are just working at it and doing our best, being 100% obedient to the Lord, we will get there eventually.
I want to testify in the name of Jesus Christ that He lives! He is the Savior, and Redeemer of the world. That is an absolute truth. I know that with all of my heart! I know that Heavenly Father hears and answers every single prayer! I know the Holy Ghost is real, I know the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints contains the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ with all the ordinances for teh fulness of happiness! I know that Joseph Smith saw God the Father and Jesus Christ, and I know that the Book of Mormon is not only the truest book on the earth and the keystone of my religion, it is the word of Christ! 2 Nephi 32:3 says why that is significant. I know that through Christ we can be happy and return to our Father in Heaven. We are all children of a loving Heavenly Father that knows us intimately and all we need to do for blessing is thank Him and ask Him! I love my God, I worship my God, I serve my God, for He is the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords, the Savior of the World! I believe in Christ. I will be the best missionary I can be and I'm so grateful for the opportunity to serve the Lord. I love Him, and I love you all. Thank you for the wonderful prayers! I know they bless me, I feel their power. In the Name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
Elder Liddle
No comments:
Post a Comment