Hallo Welt! [Hello World]
Zuerst ich möchte sagen: Viel Glück zum Geburstag zu Rosie und Grandma Walker!!! Ich habe letztesmal vergessen das zu sagen. Ich hoffe alles geht gut bei euch. Ich habe eine sehr wunderbar Zeit jeden Tag hier in Deutschland! Ich sehe Wundern auch jeden tag. Ich gebe an daß dies ist der Herrs Arbeit. Er hat uns begleitet, er wirklich liebt alle Menschen. Das wieß ich!
[First I'd like to say: very happy birthday to Rosie and Grandma Walker. I forgot last time to say that. I hope everything is going well for you guys. I have a very wonderful time each day here in Germany. I also see miracles each day. I say that this is the Lord's work. He is with us, and he really loves all mankind. I know this.]
This week was pretty good. I got a nice letter from Spence! It was nice to hear from him. I'm so excited for him and that he gets to go into the MTC soon! The Mission is seriously the best experience at this time of life. There's nothing I would rather be doing! We've had a good time, and we had some interesting experiences. We experience something totally new each day and we learn and grow a lot each day. Last Monday we went to a concentration camp, and it was such a beautiful area of land, and it looked like it would be a place of rejoicing. It felt really somber, and I felt uneasy. It was a sad thing that happened there. Even still, we have a loving Heavenly Father who carries out His plan for all mankind's benefit. It's pretty nice to have a loving, gracious Father in Heaven and Savior, Jesus Christ, who understand and help us and strengthen us. They forgive us and help us repent. I wouldn't be out here if it weren't for them, and it's interesting because that is the very first thing we teach. It's first for a reason.
We had a conference call with the whole mission this week. It was so exciting, and the spirit was strong as we listened to miracles of what has happened. Let's just say that day was a really good day and we worked really hard. There were 2 elders who had only 2 investigators in their area. They decided that week they wanted to find 8 new investigators, so they made a plan, did everything they could do to get it and worked with as much faith, hope, and charity as they could. They ended up finding 10 new investigators in that week. That is something that should be pretty common, but sometimes we limit ourselves with beliefs. We just need to have faith. We can do miracles through the Lord.
We also were invited to read the Book of Mormon in a new way marking the words of the Jesus, references to him, His attributes, etc. I read 1 Ne 20 and 21 and was astounded to find 136 references to Christ, and nearly the whole chapters were His own words. It's pretty cool that it averages Christ's name 3 times a verse in those 2 chapters, and it is right after Nephi tells us that the words of Isaiah persuade us to believe in Christ. Those 2 chapters are among my favorites in the Book of Mormon!
I want to let everyone know that the field is white already to harvest out here. We are working hard, finding new people. We found a man who loves to sport läderhosen this week and he is really funny. He's reading the Book of Mormon, and I hope things go good. Yesterday we talked to a lady who almost got away from us, but we kept talking with her. Turns out she feels the Spirit often, she understands so much, just from the Bible. We taught her, gave her a Book of Mormon, and her life I know will forever be changed because we stood in that moment as representatives of Jesus Christ. That's quite a privilege, and responsibility and something I always need to work on. I love it out here, and also, the food is amazing!
I'm having a great time out here, I'm being the best obedient, hard working missionary I can. It's hard work, but it's the best work to be doing! There's absolutely nothing that is more important in life than sharing the gospel to those children of our wonderful loving Father in Heaven. I love you all, I love Jesus Christ, and we all are here working on our way to salvation. I want to invite you all to have the best week of your life. Good luck to all people doing track. Good luck to everyone with school. It's a great time! Thank you for all your prayers and support. We can do all things in the strength of Jesus Christ. We shouldn't limit ourselves. Have a wonderful easter!
Mit Liebe, [with love]
Elder Liddle
No comments:
Post a Comment