Monday, April 11, 2011

Woche Zwoelf

[April 11, 2011]

Deutschland Süß Deutschland (süß means sweet)

Hallo Leute!

I'm loving it here in Germany! This past week has just been great. I'm learning great German, and I'm able to understand a lot better. I'm not yet perfect, but give me a couple weeks and I'll be there. Just kidding, I've made tons of mistakes as a missionary unfortunately. Those happen, but I'm striving to be my best. I need to be more obedient. Exactly obedient. I feel really frustrated when I don't follow exactly because I committed to be exactly obedient, but I keep doing it. This week I'll do all I can to be exactly obedient, and let you know how that goes. Now I'm accountable. Anyways, I have never seen so much opposition to the work in my life! It's very awesome you could say. I think it's awesome to have lots of opposition, and rejection because it's a pretty good sign that Satan doesn't want us to be here, and he doesn't want us to serve and help the people. It's a good sign that something really good is about to happen.

Yesterday people were spitting at us, heckling us, disrespecting our Lord and Savior and God, attempting to pour some kind of liquid on us, and just being quite rude. It seems like the east side of town, a lot of people don't like us, they call us Satan and stuff like that and that's exactly where we find the most success! Interesting how that works.

Yesterday was a good fast Sunday, and we had an investigator at church making positive relationships. He has really taught me a lot, and about how to not judge people. Andy, he has big scary tattoos, only wears black, with a creepy skeleton man on his shirts, smokes, and totally wouldn't be someone I would ever think would have interest in the gospel. Well, I know that the Lord led us to him because he's ready for the gospel. He truly wants to know if God is there, and he's progressing. He came to church, liked it, made friends with a family, and now we will teach him with members present almost all the time. And we'll probably start teaching his girlfriend this week. Oh, and even better, guess where we found him? That's right, on the east side of town after a little opposition.

We've seen a lot of really wonderful miracles whether they be small or large. One day in the east we found a park with only a couple people in, but both Elder Anderson and I felt the impression to go talk with these two moms. We did, we went up and talked to them, and they were just against us, didn't want anything to do with us. We walked on, confused that we felt the Spirit's prompting. We then saw a man on a bench and thought it would be a good idea to talk to him. This man, Bertraum, was in despair. We talked with him and taught him of our message of hope, finding out that his wife, dumped him. We finished our visit with singing him the song, I believe in Christ. He was very grateful and was glad that we came to comfort him. We gave him a book of Mormon, and our card. He said he would bring back the book to Church tomorrow. We thought he would come, but he must have slept in accidentally. We couldn't get his phone number, and he hasn't called us, but we know the building his ex-wife lives in, and we'll find him. We searched all day for him facing lots of opposition, but to no avail yet. The thought of Jesus going after the one lamb comes to my mind though, and I pray and work to be able to find him.

Basically I've learned and grown a lot. Every day I get lingually, and spiritually stronger, probably physically stronger too with all the hills and stairs we climb. I'm truly loving it! Zone conference was this past week and to me it's like Christmas to the children. My prayers are answered here, and I had been praying about a few things, and Pres. Ninow was so in tune with the Spirit that my prayer was answered so well. He's called of God. I'm called of God. This is the Lord's work, not anyone else! I'm learning through service. I'm learning to love the poeple even when they persecute me. Jesus suffered for them all. I can definitely love them knowing that Jesus loves them with His whole heart. I love my Savior Jesus Christ so much, and I'm forever indebted to Him and Father in Heaven! He lives and loves all mankind. He is the master of wind and earth and skies! He is Alpha and Omega, the great I Am. Victory to our Lord Jesus Christ. His power and love have carried me through all my hard times.

No comments: