Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Woche Fünfundzwanzig

Hallo wunderbar Familie, und Freunde!

It has been a pretty good week here in Nordhausen. It has been very challenging, and I've realized how hard missionary work can be sometimes, but I'm so grateful for it. I love the opportunity to work here in the Lord's vineyard and work with him. I'm so grateful for the strength that I feel everyday from the Atonement. I'm very grateful for prayer and the power that it can bring into my life. It made all the difference this week. The Lord really has helped me a ton, and I know there are people waiting for this wonderful message.

This week, Elder Lewis and I have started to get along really really well. We help each other to learn new ways to think, and to fix things we don't do quite perfectly. I love working in a companionship despite the challenges. We have fun. We had a really good companionship inventory that just filled us with the Spirit. I always feel so awkward and don't want to have those, but that's Satan trying to hinder the Lord's work. It is crazy how much opposition there is to us. The Lord hastens His work in His time though.

[A_____], he quit smoking for a day and no coffee as well. I was very proud of him! He just really needs to keep the little commitments more like reading and coming to church. He has a super long way to go, and we'll see this week if he's willing to be more committed, or if we'll just have to drop him. That would be super sad. [J_____], is getting too busy in his business ventures to give enough commitment to the gospel, so we may need to drop him this week. Best case scenario though would be we reset a baptismal date with [A_____], and we get [J_____] on track as well to be baptized in a couple weeks. I'm hoping for that one. I've realized though from my study and coming closer to the Lord that I have much need of repentance as well.

This week I've really studied working with the Spirit and I've learned a lot. Prayer is a huge part of it. When we feel the Spirit, we feel joy and have fun. When we work with the Spirit, we become successful. Doctrine and Covenants 8:1-3 describes really well, how we can receive and understand revelation. It comes to our minds, and then as we think about it, and pray about it, it is confirmed in our hearts if it is from God. I don't know what else to say other than I love you all, and I really want to lose myself in this work. That's the secret. Part of the baptismal covenant is always to remember Him. When we always remember Him and His sacrifice, we forget about ourselves and become successful servants of the Lord.

I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior. I know that Joseph Smith saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I know that He hears every single one of our prayers and He understands our wants and needs. I testify President Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God, and that he speaks the words of Christ. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of latter-day Saints is the true church led by the living Christ. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

I love you all, and have a good week!

Elder Matthew Liddle

No comments: