Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Woche Siebenundzwanzig

Lieber Freunde und Familie,

I have some crazy and a little unexpected news. I am being transferred away from Nordhausen. I will be heading down to a city called Bamberg! It is in Bayern, not Thüringen so it will be an accent change for sure. They speak Byrish. It'll be totally awesome though! My new companion is named Elder Fausnaut, and he is in his 2nd transfer, so I will be half training him. (I think that's how it's spelled) and he was actually in Elder Anderson's MTC group but came out to Germany later. Elder Anderson I hear is actually going to Nurnberg to be my zone leader. I was super sad to hear the news because I loved working here so much, and I love the people. I will miss them so much. Elder Lewis will be staying and be training a new missionary. I'm a little jealous, but I'm super excited to see something new and work with Elder Fausnaut. They have a ward in Bamberg, not just a branch of 12 people. It's mostly American's I hear too, and will be a big change. I'm very excited for this great opportunity. (Corneliusstrasse 18 60325 Frankfurt a. Main) you could use for this week, or wait til next week to get my address in Bamberg.

This past week has been crazy awesome. I worked so hard trying to get our goals this week. We hit almost all of our goals or passed them. I'm leaving Nordhausen knowing I did my best, and that I contributed. The work is going better than it is when I started. As I become more experienced, I've realized its all going back to the basics. The more clear, simple, bold, and direct what we do, the more powerful missionaries we are. We accomplished miracles with the Lord this transfer. I enjoyed learning and growing with Elder Lewis. He has taught me some valuable things. I always strive to do my best, be obedient, follow the Spirit, and be like Christ. That's what it is all about. It's about losing yourself in the work. I've really tried to do that, and I have found so much joy in serving the Lord.

This week we took [T_____], a Christian from Iraq, and a friend to a Baptism in Erfurt. We also took [S_____]. He paid tithing last week, and I hope to bear one last testimony tonight with him to help him pay this week as well. He's not so sure. The Baptism was great though. As soon as the man went under the water and came back up, the Spirit filled my heart and I felt the power of God. I love the Scripture in D&C 84:20 "Darum wird in seinen Verordnungen die Macht des Göttlichen kundgetan." In the ordinances thereof, the power of God is manifest. Tony, he felt the Spirit very strong as well. We then walked into the other room and sat down and [T____] said to me, "I want that, I believe in that. I'm next to be baptized." He really wants to be baptized now. I was so happy and so excited. He just needs to repent a little more. He'll hopefully be baptized in a month or less. He's making great progress. On the train ride back after that wonderful event, we got the phone call and I found out I'm being transferred.

I can't think of much more that has been happening other than I've been working so hard to learn, improve, and bless these people. I think it's important to always strive to be like Christ. I hope for the sake of the people here, and for my beloved Lord, that I will be able to have enough Faith, Hope, Charity, Love, Virtue, Knowledge, Patience, Humility, Diligence, and Obedience to serve him to my fullest potential. I love Him, and I feel his love, grace, and mercy every day. "The field is white already to harvest, and lo he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul." I want to lose myself for the Lord. I love my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ so much. I love my Heavenly Father. I love praying and speaking with Him. I hope one day I will be worthy to see His face and live in His presence. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith was a Prophet. President Thomas S. Monson is God's prophet today. Jesus is the Christ and Savior of the World. I love you all. I pray for you, and I thank you for your love, support, and prayers. Keep up the good work and live up to your potential.

Bis später!

Elder Matthew Liddle

p.s. Spencer is probably in the Salt Lake Airport right now, heading to Germany!!!! I'm so excited for him. It's a blast.

No comments: