Dear Wonderful Family of mine, and friends,
It sounds like everyone seems to be doing fairly well. I am here in Bamberg, ready to work this town up and down, with the help of the Lord of course. Dad, you are right. There is a military base here. I hear in a few years it will be shut down though. It's cool to see people just like Uncle Dave, or people who actually live with their families over here for a while. Also, in the ward, is a basketball player, who won the Deutschland national championship with the Bamberg team. His name is Jacob Jacobson I think. Something like that. I'm pretty sure he played for BYU.
This past Tuesday we rode an ICE train down to Frankfurt (Elder Lewis and I) to get down there for the training meeting. It was so fun in Frankfurt to see familiar faces and meet new people. Präsident Schwartz is truly a man called of God, and my testimony is increased of that each time I meet with him. We had a super awesome training meeting, and we learned that during the hardest times, just like liberty jail, can we receive the most amount of revelation and closeness to God. I think maybe we should pray for challenges, and the strength and help to get through them. I felt super inadequate as we were being trained on how to be trained. Worldwide the First Presidency is having missionaries being trained do a new training program. It's super awesome and I'm excited to really get into it. It includes an extra hour of companion study of certain things of Preach my Gospel. I'm jealous that I didn't have it. Elder Fausnaught and I, my new companion, are trying to start it. It will make the missionaries great missionaries, and increase success in missionary work.
Präsident Schwartz is a really good example of being a leader because he has a vision and he is leading his people to there. He really loves each of us as well. I should follow his example. I guess I will be in Bamberg for a while and it has so much potential. The ward just needs 2 great missionaries to lead them to baptize people. Präsident Schwartz told me that this area is where he was baptized and where he started out. It's definitely a special place in the mission.
My first week here in Bamberg was really hard, and we had a baptism planned. It is hard to adjust to a totally different city. We didn't have the baptism because the lady had not yet moved into her new apartment away from her boyfriend. We had to spend tons of time moving her out with great help from these amazing members here. We hope to have it this next Saturday because she's ready as soon as she fully moves out. It's been hard for her and she's been an investigator for 4 years. Wow, it's been a long time.
We also have another amazing investigator named [T____]. He is British and he is 99 years old still walking everywhere he goes. He is a little deaf, but he makes it around alright. He's really interested and we have a baptismal date with him as long as he can keep the word of wisdom. He's a very wonderful old man. I love [T____]. He's the best. The ward is half military, half Germans. They are all really awesome and they can really bring us referrals as long as we do our part in helping out, serving, and loving them. I really enjoyed church on Sunday, and the Spirit was very strong. They sing the hymns in German and English.
It was a little hindering and frustrating how the missionaries before weren't obedient in certain things. I've never been so challenged so much in being a diligent and obedient missionary. It's been hard, but I know that as I have strived to be obedient, the Lord has blessed me. It's wonderful to be able to trust Him, and pray for strength and help. He's always the one we really need to love anyways. Everything else falls into their proper place or out of our lives as we put the Lord first. I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the World. I know that Joseph Smith saw God the Father, and Jesus Christ. Through Joseph, the true and living church of Christ was restored and we have once again the Priesthood authority of God. I am for that so grateful, and so much happier. The Gospel blesses individuals and families to find peace in this life and eternal life afterwards. I love my Savior Jesus Christ, and my Heavenly Father. Being a missionary is totally awesome. Read the Book of Mormon and pray everyday. Have a great week, I know I will in Bamberg.
Mit Liebe,
Elder Liddle
New mailing address:
Elder Matthew James Liddle
Germany Frankfurt Mission
Hornthalstrasse 33
96047 Bamberg
Deutschland
No comments:
Post a Comment