Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Woche Dreißig

Lieber Familie und Freunde,

It sounds like everyone is doing pretty well at home! Robert, hang in there and drink lots of orange juice and water. I hope everyone is excited for going back to school. I love so much serving my mission! It gives me the giggles. I'm glad Mike is improving on driving, Rose is going on to BYU, Jake has enjoyed cross country, Julie is growing up. It's a wonderful life I must say. Super cool coming up with Eagle projects. Find something great, and just do it. I would even suggest to fast and pray about it. The Lord will help you do something great! Of course something I've learned a lot lately is get it done. It's important that we just do it. It is so wonderful for me to gain a greater and bigger perspective about God's plan and it is truly wonderful and great to be able to see people make progress. Es freut mich! [Literally, "It pleases me", or "I enjoy that".]

This week I learned a lot! I told Präsident Schwartz and asked him about some obedience questions I've had and he really has shown me his love, and devotion for the Lord by his strict Obedience! I am super impressed and totally trust and respect him! He knows if we want to start doing miracles in the mission we have to be at our best and be most effective. Without exact obedience, we aren't as worthy, and it effects the people we teach and talk to because we become effective as we are obedient. (missionary handbook (I love that book!)) I remember in the MTC learning it is better to be trusted than to be loved, meaning we gain people's trust by being obedient, but not necessarily their affection. I delayed correcting a problem that I told Präsident Schwartz I would take care of. I feared man, and I still do a little. About 5 days after procrastinating, I prayed like crazy last night for the courage to be able to just do it. I finally was able to bring it up with my companion this morning and face the consequences. Obedience is crucial. I was with a missionary who has 2 transfers left in his mission this week, and he told me a mission is fun when we are obedient! I totally agree. That is the secret to enjoying: obedience.

The past 8 days we've had a member fast for missionary work here in Bamberg. We've seen tons of miracles. At least one miracle a day. Random people will just come to the church with us, or let us in their doors for a lesson. It's been awesome. There are still some things we need to change to get 8 baptisms by the 2nd of October, but if I'm always asking Heavenly Father, how I can accomplish this inspired goal, he will help me figure it out. Praying always has come to mean something new for me. It is possible to literally pray always about everything and it helps a ton to be happier and live a better life. Its awesome to feel and see the difference in how I talk to people and the difference in their responses. They respond feeling the Spirit. It's awesome!

This week Elder Puriri (poo-diddy, the missionary with 2 transfers left) had a split in Bamberg and went on the military post. Elder Puriri is my Zone Leader with Elder Anderson. They are 2 awesome missionaries. As we went on Post, we went by a bunch of less active members. It has been super hard to get connected to them because we don't know where they all live, and someone must bring us on the Post. We got in, and saw some miracles. As we were going by a member and got out of the car, this lady in a car screamed and had her husband honk the horn. She said we were probably looking for her, and I asked her why. I was confused why she screamed and called us over. She has been a member, but away from the church for a few years. She told us of her mother. Her mother must have been praying for her a lot and for a long time. She must have prayed for her daughter that day. It was such a miracle to find her. It's cool to find out there are more members not on the list we have the responsibility to help. We want to go visit the family and start teaching them, but we have to find a way to get on post. The husband could end up being one of 8 we baptize. If not, I still want to help them.

Well, It was a super awesome week, and I know it will only get better! I love the Lord Jesus Christ, and I am so excited to serve Him. He is the only way. I hope one day I can go to him and hear the words. "Well done, my faithful servant and friend." I love the Gospel. I know the Church is true! Have an awesome week and thank you for your prayers!

Mit Liebe,

Elder Liddle

No comments: