Monday, August 8, 2011

Woche Neunundzwanzig

Lieber Familie,

Diese letzte Woche war einfach wunderbar! [This last week was simply wonderful!] It was truly a great week. We set a baptismal date with a new guy. His name is Mike, and he's American. He didn't come to church unfortunately so we have to reschedule from the 27th, to the 3rd of September. This week I went on a split with Elder Johnson from Arizona in Coburg. We had a great time we were led and guided by the Spirit, had some really great appointments, and taught 5 lessons in just enough time to pick up an ice cream cone on the way home. It was pretty awesome!

Here in Bamberg we found quite a few new investigators, but not a lot of lessons. We really need to focus on getting those lessons, and having a member there for each one. We'll make some progress with that this week. The greatest thing that happened to me this week was when we did weekly planning. I was praying and thinking about the ward, and I thought we should set a baptismal goal by October 2nd. I thought about it and just said 6. We discussed and thought it would be really high, and a big stretch, but if the Lord wants it to happen it can. As we prayed about it the number 8 just kept coming into my head. I then said that and Elder Fausnaught said, "That's crazy!" Doubt then came into me. He then said, "That's exactly what I was thinking as well." We determined that it was really from God. We prayed again we set the goal as 8 and we started laughing. It was awesome. I realize though we just have to step up our faith and diligence and being exactly obedient and it will be possible.

I'm really grateful for Elder Fausnaught, I've learned a lot from him. He's a hard worker and is truly dedicated to the work. I think it won't last long working with him though. We'll see how it goes. He is a really great missionary though and learn a lot from him.

The past couple days I have been praying constantly throughout the day more for charity, for help to contact, for the Spirit, and it has been given me in a greater degree than ever before. I have become happier and I know that with Faith in Christ, I can do all things. I love Jesus Christ, and I know that He is my Redeemer and Savior. I am so lucky to be a missionary and being happy serving the Lord here in Bamberg. We are going to have 8 baptisms by the 2nd of October. I'm expecting that God will lead us there if we do our best for Him. I know He can. I know that the Book of Mormon is true, and I know that Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers. God's council and commandments are the way to happiness and eternal life. I love my God, and my dedicated time here to be a part of his great and marvelous work. I know the Church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints is true, and Präsident Monson is a man who speaks for God. He is His prophet, and Joseph Smith really saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Everyday I come to know even more that these things are true. I love all of you and thank you for your wonderful prayers in my behalf. I'm supported by much faith. Thank you.

Mit Liebe,

Elder Liddle

p.s. Robert, gute besserung! I pray all goes well for you.

No comments: