Hallo Guten Tag von Bamberg! Lieber Geschwistern,
It has been an awesome week! We've had so many fallen-out appointments it is awesome! We could have found 5 more investigators this week maybe, but the appointments had to be rescheduled for this week. We've dropped investigators down to 0 this week too. Luckily we found a really cool investigator yesterday. As we do our daily hour of consecrated finding time, we made out an appointment with a man from Brazil for a church tour on Sunday. We taught him, and a member was still at the church to help us teach. We invited him to learn and become baptized. He said yes. He's really awesome, working on his Ph D right now. It was a cool experience and we've had a lot of those lately. We also found another very interested guy this week, unfortunately he is going back home to Togo. We're sending missionaries his way though. We've sent referrals to almost everywhere it seems like. There are so many tourists here in Bamberg. It's awesome though to be pushing the work of the Lord forward!
This Saturday we received the transfer calls. I am called to train and stay in Bamberg. I feel ready now and familiar with the new program so I'm super excited. We are going to have a great time in Bamberg. Elder Fausnaught is heading to Köln, 2 missionaries there for 2 million people. He's excited. I wonder what it will be like to train though. We will just have to wait and see. There is wise counsel given in my setting apart, and Father's blessing. I will enjoy the next transfer. The ward seems to be coming together and it's challenging to get their attention and help in everything we need, but we are developing relationships and building them up. We will be focusing on the part member and less active members in our finding and teaching efforts. That's the right way to do missionary work, and the way to gather the fish in with nets.
This past week I gave a talk in Church. It was on the gift of the Holy Ghost, and I learned a lot. That's what sets our church apart, and it can bless us in every aspect of our lives. It is a fore taste of eternal joy. The gift of the Holy Ghost is really the most precious gift God can give to us in this life. I told of an experience at a Baptism in Nordhausen where the power of godliness was manifest so strong in a baptismal ordinance that the one investigator said, "I am the next." Tony is now baptized or will be soon baptized. I talked about the gift of the Holy Ghost with a missionary emphasis of course and invited the ward to invite their friends to baptisms and confirmations when we will have some. This ward and area has so much potential. If things work out great, this ward could double active members by the end of the year even. It takes a lot of effort and exertion from us to work with the members. We will reevaluate our goal of 8 baptims in the next 5 weeks once my companion gets here. We'll see. It has been great, and I'm loving serving the Lord here as a missionary!
It is truly His work, He supports me so much everyday, and I love Him. I know with more surety that Jesus is my Savior, and that our Heavenly Father loves us more than I see, feel, taste, hear the things around me. I know that the Priesthood authority has been restored, and that I along with otheres are authorized representatives of Jesus Christ called to Preach His Gospel! Thank you for your love, prayers, and support. I love you all. Have a great week.
Mit Liebe,
Elder Liddle
No comments:
Post a Comment