Monday, October 31, 2011

Woche Einundvierzig


Moin! (that means hi)
 
Hey this past week was pretty good. We are having a pretty good time here in Bamberg. Today is Elder Sheppard's birthday. It is also Halloween. It's awesome. We have a baptism from a girl in our ward this Saturday, and the next week, the last week of the transfer we have 2 baptisms scheduled. We know that [H_____] and [S_____] can make it. We also will hopefully set another baptismal date this week for the 27th of November. We are definitely on track for our goal of 8 baptisms before Christmas. We really need to focus on finding though. That is key. Just like it says in Preach My Gospel, "nothing happens... unless you find people to teach." Hey my family, thanks for the letters. It sounds like you had a nice fall break. I heard Jake Heslington is a State and Region Champ? That's awesome! I'm proud of the T-wolves. It's cool to hear about Jake Berlin and William in the MTC together. That's awesome. Being missionaries is super awesome!
 
This past week was a good one. Somehow, we found 2 more YSA investigators. They are just falling from the sky. We need to really focus on them, and find the right ones. It'll be great when they all become baptized and we have a strong JAE Zentrum [YSA Center] in Bamberg. Not sure when that will happen, but it's coming up fast! We need another Senior Missionary couple in the mission, and an actual Church built in Bamberg. We found this Chinese Christian girl named [P____], who is super interested. She was a referral from Church Headquarters. That doesn't happen very often. We lucked out. Oh, and she goes to a Bibel Kreis [Bible study group] with hundreds of other Chinese Christians in Bamberg. I need to learn Chinese...QUICK! We are receiving tons of help from the Lord. I have learned that I need to rely on him even more, and really step it up in my prayers. It's interesting in Mosiah 4, and 5 when King Benjamin teaches the people about praying and experiences everlasting joy, then in Mosiah 5 it shows that they really took it to heart in v. 4 where it shows they are filled with God's love and this joy. Praying has a lot to do with how happy we are in life.
 
This week, my knee has been hurting, and I told Präsident Schwartz. He said, ice it, and take care of it. It's because we bike so hard so much. I have been taking it easy, and it's not a big deal now. It is just like what I had during my Junior year at the end of Cross Country. My knee cap isn't gliding correctly. I wonder if I could get any medical details from Doctor Weenig sent to me with what exactly was wrong with it. I brought my knee strap on my mission, but it doesn't seem to do anything for some reason. I'm not concerned because I just bought a rolling pin, and I need to just take care to not let my quads get too tight. I'll massage my legs daily. I wouldn't be surprised though to be transferred.
 
I've learned a lot this week. One of the biggest things is that we receive revelation or any blessings based on faith. It often comes last minute and just like Nephi going to Laban, the children of Israel crossing the river Jordan, Moses parting the Red Sea, we really need to put ourselves out there and trust the Lord. We need to get our feet wet before the river will "stand on a heap" so that we can do all the things the Lord wants us to do. I had the opportunity to give a couple blessings the past few days and it was very similar to these experiences. I had to start speaking and saying, and not knowing what to say, the Lord filled my thoughts and mouth as I trusted in Him. It is a sweet experience to serve the Lord and stand for Him. There is nothing in the world more important and more rewarding than that. I love my Savior Jesus Christ, and my Heavenly Father. They are the best. I know that the Book of Mormon is true, that Joseph Smith is a prophet and that the Church is governed today by God's priesthood, by a living prophet! I love you and thank you for your prayers. Happy Halloween. Go eat some candy for me. The Lord is always with us.
 
Mit Liebe,
 
Elder Matthew J. Liddle

No comments: