Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Woche Vierzig

Hallo von Bamberg,

Hey everyone. I hope you've had a great week. I love you all, and really appreciate your prayers. I've been especially blessed this past week. Small things, but the Lord protected me this week. He clearly wants me to keep working here for now. I was helping someone move this past week, and I took a bad step and I still don't get it. I stepped just like I did when I sprained my foot before my mission, but miraculously nothing happened. No damage at all. (miracle!) I also was riding my bike, and I got rear ended by a car as I was riding. It was somehow not a problem except my bike tire being bent a little bit. It wasn't bad at all though. The car barely touched my bike. There are just so many small miracles that the Lord helps us out with that sometimes we don't recognize, but they are there. 

The work is on Fire here in Bamberg. Our 3 baptismal candidates are still going very well. Präsident Schwartz came yesterday to our district meeting in Bamberg and he received revelation that we are supposed to open up a YSA center in the near future in Bamberg. I truly believe. It was great with Stake Conference this past week in Nürnberg we had our 2 YSA investigators there who got to meet with all the YSA's in the Stake for a lunch. Things are going really well. I truly love [S_____], and [H_____]. They are two wonderful guys. I'm super excited for their baptisms on the 12th of November. We just need to find more YSA's now. 

Mom, I spoke with Bro. Nuila on the phone, (I probably didn't spell his name right). He brought my package, and I thanked him for what he does. He is a saint. Thanks for sending the package. I love you Mom. The Lord has really been looking out for me this week. I know Grandma Liddle, and you were asking what could be sent for my Birthday and Christmas, and I think just cool missionary stuff like socks or winter socks, knit gloves, a big can of black shoe polish, chapsticks, my gray cross country hoody, underarmour or thermal type things. It is going to get really cold coming up. Right now, it is already pretty cold. I don't know really what more. I may buy winter shoes, and so money would be nice, or I could just withdraw money. What you send, I'll be grateful for.

I have a funny story to share! I fasted this past Sunday for my goals, and with Stake Conference and afterwards going up to Coburg to a fireside I had no opportunity to eat. We are not to fast for more than 24 hours and with 10 minutes to go before our train left, I decided I needed to buy food. (On Sunday, I know...) I thought we were going to eat in Nürnberg with the YSA's, but we didn't have time. I should have taken off my name tag to buy the food. I felt so self-conscious. I thought I would never have had to buy food on Sunday as a missionary. "Expect the unexpected."

I had a wonderful interview with Präsident Schwartz and this past week was just really enjoyable and challenging. I love working with Elder Sheppard. We always overcome the bumps in the road together, and I have grown a lot this week with prayer, scripture study, following the Spirit. I still have fears and challenges to overcome, but I know that God grants unto us according to our desires. I have the right desires. I just need to follow the promptings of the Spirit with fierce loyalty. I love my mission. I love my Savior Jesus Christ. He is my best friend and I know it is He who I serve. His powerful arm and hand are in this work, pushing it forward at an increasingly quicker rate. God loves each and everyone of us, His children. I love you all. Have an awesome week! Thank you for your prayers!

Love,

Elder Liddle

No comments: