Hallo Lieber Geschwistern, [Hello Dear Siblings,]
Hey everyone, I hope all goes well. We had a great week in Bamberg. We didn't find as many investigators as we would have liked to, so I'm not sure if we'll make our goal of 8 by the end of this year. We could technically find 3 more investigators this week. We'll do our best to work inspired and we'll see what we can do. It is definitely a hard challenge in front of us. This past week was super awesome! We had an amazing Zone Conference and President Kopischke came as the Area President. He was super awesome and I really learned from him and the Spirit how to become a better missionary now. It helped me put on a better perspective.
This week we have 1 investigator basically. He is a big black guy from Chicago. He is really awesome and a sincere seeker of the truth. We invited him to baptism on our first visit and a baptismal date like we are supposed to on the second visit. He wouldn't commit to the date, but he committed to do what it takes to get ready for the date. That's what we want. We think he'll be baptized. I'm excited for that. He has a family, and it would be great to teach his family as well. We're trying to work on that with him.
In Zone Conference President Kopischke was very inspired and came without a plan about what we were to discuss in Zone Conference. He taught us about loving and following our mission Präsident. He said that if there is something related to our happiness that we should know as missionaries it would come from our Präsident. He asked what kind of invitations Präsident Schwartz gave us. One I remembered that changed my mission was doing 1 hour of Consecrated Finding Time per day. It is finding time opened and closed with prayer and consecrated effort talking with everyone! President Kopischke asked me to come up front and tell my experience with doing this invitation from Präsident. I told everyone the story how we baptized 3 people by doing that, but also about Hermann. He told us we saved his life. He was considering suicide, but the gospel of Jesus Christ and the comfort of the Spirit saved him when we talked to him that day we were especially rejected by everyone except him. I felt the Spirit so strong in Zone Conference. I was exhausted and I learned a ton. I love President Kopischke, President Schwartz and their wives.
We had a great week and Elder Ryser and I are both making good progress together. We learn and grow well together. I enjoy the native speaker, but we speak English too much because he tries to learn English. It's way good though. We are having a great time being happy, obedient, and diligent missionaries. I know Jesus loves us and when we sacrifice for him, we are happy. He doth immediately bless us and are indebted to sacrifice more to obey him. It's the way to be happy. Read those scriptures and keep praying. The Lord will bless us for that. Thanks for your love, prayers, and support. Have an awesome week!
Love,
Elder Matthew J. Liddle
No comments:
Post a Comment