Hallo von Bamberg!
It's been a crazy week. Thanks for the birthday cards and letters everyone. I got some pretty awesome cards. I laughed at the one Rosie sent me, and also the Theobald's. I really appreciate all the love, support, prayers, letters and everything you all do for me. It sounds like everyone is doing pretty good at home. It is fun hearing what's happening at home. I'm glad everyone is doing well. Es freut mich. [I like that.] Last Tuesday was my birthday, and somehow the packages were miraculously shipped out to me right on my birthday from the mission office because of a random apartment inspection. Weird I know, but the Lord showed me a little tender mercy by giving me the packages right on my birthday. The rest of the day was not so good. We were told the wrong times to catch the trains down to Frankfurt so we were stuck on a long train ride, and we were fasting, and way late for the trainers meeting. We finally got dinner at 8.30. It tasted so good. The whole ordeal on my birthday made me laugh, and I realized it wasn't so bad, if I don't think about myself.
We had a good time going to the mission home in Frankfurt and I learned a lot from the little part of the meeting I attended. The next day we got assigned our companions and I got assigned Elder Ryser. He is a Schweizer [Swiss]! He comes from Zürich. It is actually really hard sometimes to communicate because we can't always immediately express what we want to in each other's languages. We help each other learn the other's languages. When inside we speak English and German outside of the apartment. It's going to help my German a lot, and it's going to help his English a lot being in Bamberg. It's a huge learning experience every time training, and it's totally different each time. This time since Elder Ryser was only in the MTC for 2.5 weeks, I feel kind of like an MTC teacher.
[H______] had a good baptism this past Friday and his family came and a friend. 50% of people who attend baptisms are baptized later on, so we want to make sure to follow up with their family. We baptized all of our investigators pretty much now, so we only have 1 investigator left. We have the challenge of this week to find the 4 to be baptized this year. We are seeing many unforseen potentials, and we know that God could just put us in the right place in the right time as well. It is possible, if we do our part and it's the Lord's will. The Ward Council is getting really excited as well, and especially for next year to get 24 new baptisms and to do excellent on home teaching.
I feel such a change happening in Bamberg and according to our faith, great things will be happening. The field is white already to harvest, and I know that it is hard, but we can really do amazing things according to faith in Jesus Christ. I'm really grateful for this 12 week training program. As we were assigned our new companions I was asked to share my testimony on it. I didn't realize and learn until I bore my testimony that this program will change the world. It brought the 4 baptisms to Bamberg. This program is designed to make missionaries more effective missionaries in bringing more people unto Christ, and helping new missionaries train immediately after being trained. Imagine the impact of this 20 page booklet on the world. Wow! I testified and felt the Spirit teach me so powerfully that this new Program approved by the living prophets will change the world! I know it will. From using it and training missionaries with it, I can have an infinite influence on the salvation of souls. Another missionary once told me, "You never know the full impact of our actions." How true that is. I love my Savior, and we should all strive to represent Him. I know that he loves us and takes care of us during our hard times. He always is there. He promises that. I love you all and wish you all a wonderful week!
Mit Liebe,
Elder Matthew J. Liddle
[Elder Liddle attached a couple of photos to this email.]


No comments:
Post a Comment