I have learned quite a few things this week, one of them being my hair has been parted for so long that it can only be combed over to the right side. It just doesn't work the other direction. I also learned that in many challenges we can learn the most and receive lots of help from God. This week I felt the Spirit teaching me a lot of things. Revelation is richly available to us in our challenges. He helps us fulfill our Priesthood responsibilities. I don't know if I told about our referral last week, but we set a Baptismal Date I think Tuesday night. I've never felt the Spirit so strong. She was jumping out of her chair she was so excited. The sad part was she got sick and so we couldn't see her for a while. We saw her today as we went to get food and she told us she didn't want to go further. I'm not sure what will happen, but we can't pressure her any more, but we'll talk to the members to figure out what we can do to get her interested again, and what happened that caused her to stop being interested. I was so excited to have another baptismal date in Bamberg.
Mom, before I forget. I did get both packages. Thank you so much. Thank you, everyone for the letters. I haven't been able to really write back the last few p-days for a few reasons. I love you family, and I pray for each one of you daily. It sounds like things are going well, and that lots is going on and is happening. With regards to Christmas, we are allowed to use Skype if we have a way of doing that with the members but not being a bother to them. Probably a phone call is what will work out best. I'll let you know though for sure what our situation in Bamberg is.
This past week I have gotten to know Elder Ryser a lot better. I know his perspective a lot better now and can move forward and help him more. It has been very challenging. I was a little sick this week, but the work of the Lord goes on. There are miracles everyday, especially when we do our best. I am loving the work. It is so hard, but so wonderful. I am excited about this Christmas season. We are going to try out a lot being a living Christmas card with caroling while we do doors with our giant whiteboard. It's lightweight and it'll be fun to do. I hope we will open some hearts through music and find some new investigators. That is what we are working on right now. Finding by the Spirit is just as important as teaching by the Spirit. I know the Lord has been supporting me. This is His work, and I love Him. He loves me. I feel it everyday. Prayer is absolutely amazing and powerful. I need to spend more time on my knees. Have a nice week everyone. Continue learning and growing and enjoying the Christmas season. I love you. Thank you for your prayers and support.
Mit Liebe, [With Love,]
Elder Matthew J Liddle
No comments:
Post a Comment