Eine Schöne Grüße von Bamberg, [Lovely Greetings from Bamberg,]
We had quite the week. It was very challenging and we were tested this week. On Tuesday, we said bye to Stefan Readenour. It was good to say good bye. He also gave us a referral! Wednesday I went to Frankfurt for a mission leaders conference. We had a crazy awesome time with Präsident Kopischke and Schwartz. It was great and I learned a lot, especially that I need to work harder and talk to more people with more boldness. He talked about Portugal getting 110 baptisms last year (less than our mission) and how this year they have baptized more than 1000. He talked about how it was from the faith of the missionaries. Well, we need to work on that. Times are changing, and we need to be the change to work these miracles for the Lord. It was a great conference.
We came back and worked harder and with more faith, and we found some people. We got some member referrals from it, and things are just starting to go really well again in Bamberg. Sunday I had the feeling to go visit [H_____] during the 2nd hour of church because he wasn't there. We then later found out he wants his name removed from the records, and no contact. I don't know why. We are going to request one last visit, at least to say goodbye. It broke my heart to hear his decision of bad use of agency. I'm not the judge though. Maybe psychological issues are involved. It's sad, but I've never felt so much comfort. Despite it being hard to go forward, I feel the Lord with me. I need to go, and I'm excited to go forth and serve the Lord. I love you all.
Love,
Elder Liddle
[In another email, Elder Liddle passed on instructions for our family call on Christmas. It looks like he'll be able to call our home around 12:15 or 12:30 MST. So we're not going anywhere after our 9am 1-hour church services on Sunday.]
No comments:
Post a Comment