Christmas in Bamberg was great! I ate German duck and goose! I wish we could have just continued to do normal missionary work. It felt wierd not being able to knock on doors and talk to people the whole day. But, it was a lot of fun to talk with you on the phone on Christmas. I enjoyed that quite a bit. Thank you for your many prayers, letters, love and support. I really appreciate it. It's good to know there are people there that love me. Mom, I wanted to say that it's cool you've been trying to help your primary kids learn to love Paul. Using Harry Potter, etc. That is funny. Josh is going tomorrow in the MTC! Tell him I say good luck, I'll be always praying for him, and he'll do an awesome job being a missionary! I send my greetings to the Johnson's back, they are wonderful people. Jake, your voice is so low now! I was shocked. I did not recognize it. It's good you are doing well with fulfilling your priesthood responsibilities and helping with home teaching when someone needs it. Keep it up. Rose, it was good to talk to you, keep doing a good job being a grown up. Mike, have fun snowboarding for me and take care to watch the ice! Keep up the great work in school and I'm glad you are taking home teaching seriously. It makes a huge difference for the Lord. Julie, I'm glad you are so happy and having a fun time in life. It's easy when we are grateful for the things we have. You are right. I love you all.
Well, I wanted to first respond to everyone's letter's from last week. We had a good last week. We worked really hard and some cool miracles happened. We found 2 guys from Brazil, and that is an interesting story: We taught them 4 times in 4 days, and the last meeting we came to their house on Christmas to walk with them to church, and we ended up teaching the law of Chastity at 8:45 in the morning and the one guy didn't want to live it. This guy requested that we teach about those rules in our church right then. Let's just say it didn't go so well, but now we can spend more time finding someone who is ready.
We have been teaching an American man. He wants to find out if this church is true and his wife is a member. He seems like he'll make it to baptism, but he'll need to step it up in reading and praying so he can show enough faith to receive and recognize an answer. With so many people, that is the challenge: recognizing. That is even hard for missionaries. That brings us to the greatest miracle of the week. We had two appointments with [W_____]. He has 4 kids that live with him and a wife. They are a German-American-Polish family. Crazy I know, but perfect for the ward in Bamberg. We have been wanting to teach the whole family but weren't sure if they would be interested. We continued to ask and we brought members with us this week. They got along very well, and Bro. Newey, a soldier, and guitarist in a band came with us and connected well with them and encouraged them to come to church on Christmas for a musical meeting. They came and instead of just the 2 investigators of their family, their whole family came and turns out they all loved it! That is really amazing. The wife and mother of the family is very catholic, but is showing quite a bit of interest. It'll be exciting to see what will happen.
I know that the Lord does His work in His time to help us become like him. Sometimes He tries our patience, to bless and help us develop to become like him. I love His plan, He is truly concerned for our welfare and happiness. I love you all. I love our Savior Jesus Christ. Happy New Year. Be the change. I love you all.
Alles Gute, [Best wishes,]
Elder Matthew J. Liddle
No comments:
Post a Comment