Hey everybody! It sounds like everyone is doing well and having a good time. I'm glad it snowed a little in Utah. It also actually snowed a little in Bamberg and it stuck for a few days now. It's nice to have some snow and it seems that winter is finally coming. I was hoping it would just pass by. This past week was by far one of the craziest weeks I've ever had on my mission. It was great! Well, I made a few funny mistakes this week, but you make them and you learn from them. That's the great part of it all. I'm enjoying my mission, and I love it in Bamberg. Transfers are coming up this next week and who knows what will happen. I could either stay with Elder Ryser, stay and get a new companion, or go somewhere else. I'd be excited for any one of those! We had Zone Conference in Nürnberg and interviews with Präsident Schwartz. It was a blast. I love Präsident Schwartz and he's inspired.
This week we had a really fun eating appointment with a family in the ward, and the little kids loved it. We felt inspired to offer a priesthood blessing and we had no idea why and it didn't really make sense. We just did it and when I offered, it came across way wrong. I kind of made the impression that we wanted the Father to bless his family and we wanted to help. In reality the Spirit was just telling us to offer the Father a blessing. Luckily he wasn't offended and I got to learn how not to offer a priesthood blessing. It made us laugh this week! It takes much practice and experience to follow the Spirit. We learn line upon line. Great experiences! Also, we had more good appointments with the [G___] Family this week. We took them to a member family for a Family Home Evening and now the whole family is really looking into the church. [C____] and [W____] we met with and they aren't quite ready to be baptized. We're feeling confident that the whole family will be baptized in the next transfer. We're excited for that.
Zone Conference was great, and we learned so much about simply changing our attitude, becoming the missionary we are meant to be. We can simply choose to do what is right, and have greater hope. It helped me a ton. It was about time, and now we just have to apply the things we learned. I'm having a great time applying it. I stayed in Nürnberg Thursday night, and I got my interview the next day. Elder Gassman from our stake gets to finish in the Nürnberg Zone and is coming home the next week. That's crazy. My interview taught me a lot. Präsident Schwartz said I'm doing well in the assignments given me, but he asked what the Lord wants me to learn. I had no idea, and he said, "Ja, das hast du nicht gefragt." [Yes, you haven't asked that.] I should be asking. Basically that is what I need to do. Learn what my Father in Heaven wants. I have been asking, and it's helping. I just want to bear my testimony that this is the Lord's work. I know Jesus is my Savior. He offered the great Atonement so we can return to Father and be happy. This church is the restored church of Christ. I know these things and I know the Book of Mormon is true. I know God loves us, He is with us, we need to go to Him and He knows us very personally. I love you all, and thank you for your prayers!
Liebe Grüße, [Love,]
Elder Matthew J Liddle
No comments:
Post a Comment