Monday, January 9, 2012

Woche Einundfünfzig: Die Arbeit Des Herrn [Week 51: The Lord's Work]


Hallo Guten Tag!  [Hello, Good Day!]
 
This week has been an awesome week. I'm almost coming up on my year mark. Just a couple weeks. I've never learned so much about the Spirit and how it works. I understand a lot better and some important principles about it. I've been studying it consistently every day from the Book of Mormon for months and I understand a little bit better. That is truly one of the most important things to learn. With that, we can work miracles. On Tuesday before we went out, someone was struggling and we had to discuss some things, and we ended up taking a few hours to pray and learn from God about the Spirit. We learned a lot about being good missionaries. We weren't ready to go out the door until we finished working things out with God. I learned a lot when Elder Ryser asked me an inspired question. Good questions invite the Spirit and learning.

It was an amazing experience to discuss especially during that time how the Spirit operates and how we can listen, recognize, understand, and follow promptings. Like Elder Bednar said in his MTC devotional talk, (it's really famous in the MTC), how do we recognize the Spirit? We quit worrying about it, keep our covenants and be a good boy or girl. Mostly we feel and follow the Spirit just by doing our best. We have to look back to see that some were spiritual promptings. We can also always ask God because we need to check our thoughts and feelings. I could go on, but the language of the Spirit must be self-learned.

This week, our awesome investigator, [W_____] discovered, but doesn't want to admit, that the Book of Mormon is true. He still has some concern that holds him from being baptized. He'll get it. We pushed really hard this week to teach his family. We now have 6 investigators we will teach all together a couple times per week and 5 of them said yes to baptism. We'll try to set a date with everyone for the 4th of February, that is also the end of the transfer. They need to all come to church every week. It is a challenge to teach a whole family. It's definitely hard. I'm learning a ton from it. We found another couple older gentlemen who are pretty great. One is an interesting character. We are still looking for tons more investigators and to get them at church. We also are trying to start a youth program in Bamberg because with this family, we'll have youth actually. It's a lot of new ground here and it's exciting, challenging and awesome doing the work of the Lord.

I love you all, thank you for the letters, christmas cards, and thank you for your supporting prayers. It means a lot to me. Thank you so much. The Lord needs people like you. It sounds like everyone is having wonderful experiences. That's awesome the family is fasting for the missionaries. We did that too in Bamberg. It is miraculous what happens when we show our faith. Christ lives and leads His church through prophets. I love my Master so much. He is so merciful, helpful, and loving. Let us rise to a new level and be more devoted to live the abundant life. I am so grateful for you and your examples.

Love,

Elder Matthew J Liddle

No comments: