Liebe Familie und Freunde, [Dear family and friends,]
I just reached my one year mark!!! Wow, I don't really feel any different. If anything, it humbles me and encourages me to learn more and work harder to reach the potential I should reach. I feel like I should have learned so much more in a year, but looking back, I did learn a lot. I'm exactly where the Lord wants me, here in Bamberg with Elder Ryser. I honestly can say there have been miracles every day on my mission according to my faith. The Lord has given me so many tender mercies. I am indebted and grateful to Him. I can honestly say there is nothing better than striving to do my best to speak the words the Lord would have me say, and do the things he would have me do. I love my mission.
It hasn't been easy always. This week was a challenge, probably mostly because of my own mistakes and shortcomings. Despite that, I strived to be bold in doing many good things. We got in contact with [T____], and he says he reads and prays daily, he just doesn't have time to come to church. I need to practice lovingly, and boldly teaching and inviting less active members come back to church. We told [T____] why he should come back to church, and he didn't come but he said he'd think about it. I feel we did all we could. Schade, [Shame,] that he didn't want to enjoy all the blessings. We worked hard with [S_____] and he is in the young stage, and needs strengthening. We want to prepare him for the temple.
We've also been receiving assignments from the Ward Council visiting certain members and we're excited about that! We ended up finding a family in a dorf outside Bamberg who has been living here for a year and didn't know about the church in Bamberg. They are excited to come and the 13 year old, isn't baptized yet. We might teach him. The [G____] family are getting really close to their Baptism, they aren't 100% sure still, but the wife is getting concerned and has some fears, so it is a good sign they have been receiving answers to prayers. They are coming to church but we need to take special care to help the wife see the blessings of the church for her. We're excited for what will happen, and he's accepting the commandments really well.
We found a Romanian man named [D____], and it's so hard to communicate, but he loves meeting with us and is such a wonderful man. We can just feel it even though we don't know too much about him. He's going back to Romania, but we want to teach him so we can send a really really good referral to Romania in a couple of weeks. Like I said, this week was challenging but miracles happened. I learned a lot from mistakes and I learned that we just need to open our mouths and boldly speak as witnesses of Christ and share the gospel and keep our baptismal covenant. I love my Savior. He has helped and strengthened me so much. Though I can't see them, I know there are unseen forces and Angels that are helping me.
Eine Gute Woche Noch! Ich habe euch lieb! [Have a great week! I love you guys!]
Elder Matthew J Liddle
No comments:
Post a Comment