(Mom, so you know the pictures are in this order (3rd transfer) Elder Lewis in Nordhausen, Elder Decker in MTC, Elder Anderson my trainer, my nametag, Elder Ryser in Bamberg this past transfer, Elder Sheppard in Bamberg, and (4th Transfer) Elder Fausnaught with Ted who turns 100 this year! thats the order)
The time is now come, I'm going to a new area! I'm going to Solingen to be a district leader right next to Düsseldorf. I'm excited to go in a totally different area. I also felt it coming with buying Lederhosen, finding a well priced suitcase I needed (because my original broke about 6 months ago), and it just seemed like the time was coming. I never thought I would go to Solingen though. I'm excited for a new adventure, but sad to leave Bamberg where I've really invested so much into the welfare of the people here. I will be with Elder Mayle, in Solingen, who half-trained Elder Anderson (my trainer). That will be exciting! I'm really excited to work with Elder Mayle. I believe he's going home this transfer, or the next. Elder Christofferson is also coming to Dortmund this transfer and I'll be close enough to go. It will be a whole new exciting challenge being district leader and in a totally new area.
Pretty much what I've heard about Solingen is that they have had a lot of baptisms in the past 2 years, and Präsident Schwartz said he needed me to push that forward. There is a baptism coming up in Solingen in a week or two. There are mountains there, they are famous for knives and silverware, and they have a trolley-bus transportation system. Can you say exciting!? I can. It will also be the first time in 6 months I will go back to a normal 3 hour daily study, rather than do the training program 4 hours. (More time to find!! Yay!)
This past week we had an awesome time. It was pretty challenging, and we had to get some things straight about how to be happy missionaries, but the product was great. We started teaching a military family referral and invited them to baptism on the first appointment. They seem just like members! We prayed for like a month or more for this family. [W____] is making progress, and his family is just kind of plateaued making progress. [W____] just has a concern we don't understand, but then he'll have his interview and be baptized and his family will follow. I am so excited for them. I'm sad to leave them. The Recent Converts are in definite need of help and strenghtening. I've been praying and working my heart out for them. It will be good for them to have new missionaries.
It sounds like a cool Family Home Evening activity that happened with all the missionaries in the ward. That is awesome we have a good number out. I pray for them all by name every day. My mission hasn't always been easy, but it is so great! It's really the best 2 years, even though I've only had one so far. This week I learned a lot about patience, charity, and humility. We always totally and completely need the Lord's guidance. It would be hopeless without Him. I love Jesus Christ so much. He is my Master. I want to do everything I can for Him because He did all that He could for me. I am so grateful for that, and for the Book of Mormon, a testament of His sacrifice. I just know that this Church and this work are the Lord's. He lives. I love you all and have a great week! Thanks for the prayers and the love!
Liebe Grüße, [Love,]
Elder Matthew J Liddle
p.s. Elder Gassman is coming home this week. I hope he comes and speaks in our ward. He is awesome!
Elder Liddle & Elder Anderson
Elder Fausnaught, [T____], and Elder Liddle
Elder Sheppard & Elder Liddle
Elder Ryser & Elder Liddle
Elder Liddle & Elder Lewis
Elder Decker & Elder Liddle
No comments:
Post a Comment