Sunday, February 19, 2012

Woche Sechsundfünfzig: Grüße von Solingen [Week 56: Greetings from Solingen]

Guten Tag!!!  [Good Day!!!]

Hey, everyone. I am now in Solingen. It is an interesting place! This place is on fire though for missionary work! Elder Mayle is fun to work with! We get along pretty well, and the ward is great. It even snowed a little bit up here. I'm a little sick with a cold, but I'm getting better. This past week we did finding and a lot of planning. Turns out we have no investigators, so perfect. I love going out and working hard to find them. I'm excited to work with Elder Mayle because he is more experienced and a great teacher. I definitely need him as my companion right now. I'm learning in great new ways and it is also great to be a district leader. District meetings are hard sometimes to put together, but we had a very spiritual one last week and I felt inspired to invite the district to do certain activities from preach my gospel and promised as they do it diligently, they will find at least 2 new investigators this week. I felt nervous to promise such a thing, but I shouldn't be. I know it was from the Lord and it'll be exciting to see what miracles happen. Finding is a struggle up here right now, and that's why I'm so glad to be here.

Elder Christofferson is also coming in early March to Düsseldorf so I'm excited about that. The cities are bigger up here, and the accents are different. Some more clear, some less clear than in Bamberg. It was for sure a culture shock for me. Präsident Schwartz told me in Frankfurt on Transfer days that he has dreams and visions about Solingen, and that something big is supposed to happen there. I'm amazed at how excited the ward is about missionary work. I need to learn how to really work with them and help them be missionaries. There is a reason why I'm here with Elder Mayle in Solingen. It's great and I'm super excited. Elder Carlson, he goes home in March, is my Zone Leader in Düsseldorf. I thought he was maybe related to Sis. Carlson our neighbor. I asked him, and he doesn't know. The Zone Leaders are way sweet, and it's cool they get to be in my district. 

I am having a good time and I love you all. Thanks for your love, prayers and support.

Liebe Grüße, [Love,]

Elder Matthew J Liddle

Address:
Elder Matthew J Liddle
Germany Frankfurt Mission
Eiland 8
42651 Solingen
Deutschland

No comments: