Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Woche Siebenundfünfzig: Solingen! [Week 57: Solingen!]


Hallo!
 
This past week was a crazy week. There were a bunch of drunk guys on the bus last night dancing, clapping, awkwardly singing/chanting, and doing lots of crazy stuff. It was a wierd experience for sure. Fasching or Carnival is happening right now and it's so interesting seeing all of the people walking around in Bunny suits, interesting costumes, etc. It is like halloween with huge carnival and parade things. It is not the best for missionary work, but interesting to see. Solingen is definitely a great place to serve a mission. I really have been enjoying it. And, to tell you the truth, Elder Mayle and I have been working super hard this last week, striving to talk with everyone,  and had tons of fun. We had lots of miracles. When I got here a week ago, we had no investigators and it has been hard to build up and find some this week with all the drunk people and festivities, but we made out some good solid appointments for next week.
 
We were definitely guided by the Spirit not knowing beforehand what we should do. The Lord seemed to just place the right people in our paths just like Preach My Gospel says. We ran into this one guy, Herr [H____], and he said he was led by the Spirit to go to a certain church, but he prayed about it and he felt that the Lord told him not to be baptized in that church. We have a church tour with him and we'll show him the Taufbecken (baptismal font) and I count on the Spirit testifying to him that he should be baptized with the restored Priesthood Authority. We had some other great contacts too, and we teach a sweet new convert named Schwester [R____]. She is slightly handicapped mentally but is just the happiest person ever. She is so joyous and loves being a member. She is such a missionary too. We gave her pass along cards and she got in trouble and someone took them away she was so persistent in sharing the gospel with the other people in the house she lives at. She can give them out to other people but the people in her house are not interested it sounds like. She just wants to share her joy. It's great to see something like that.
 
There is this day, Thursday where the women go around cutting the ties that men wear and then kissing them. I hid my tie well under my coat, but I didn't see anyone with that problem, and I managed to stay away from harm. We were in for a good portion of the day doing weekly planning, and for good reason. I love working here in Solingen and I love serving the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my Master and the greatest ever! I love my Heavenly Father so much and I know He loves me. God has a great work and glory He is doing among us. It is amazing to be a part of. I am so happy to be here and I love my mission! It has meant everything to me, and it is truly the best 2 years. (I still got 1 left, but I hope it lasts a long time.) I love you all, and wish that you have a great day, and week. I think it's so great when we choose to serve the Lord and be an instrument in His hands. There is no greater joy and love than that.
 
Alles Gute, [Best wishes,]
 
Elder Matthew J Liddle

No comments: