Monday, March 5, 2012

Woche Achtundfünfzig: Alles Klar [Week 58: Everything's Clear]


Hey Family and Friends!
I hope everyone had a good week. It was for sure a crazy week for us. I don't have a lot of time to write today because of how our P-day went, but it was an awesome week! My companion Elder Mayle just bought a huge sword! Solingen is famous for its knives. I felt so much revelation come into my life and it was just a wonderful time, even if it wasn't the easiest. On Wednesday I went on an exchange to Düsseldorf with Elder Carlson, he's a Zone Leader. [He's also Sister Carlson's nephew -- she lives in the Northridge 7th Ward kitty corner from our home.] I fell in love with Düsseldorf! It is such a beautiful and big city. I love it a ton. I desire to work there sometime if that is the Lord's will. We went to institute there while I was on an exchange, and they have such a great group there. JAE's [YSA's] are really the future of the church in Europe.
On Thursday we were able to say Hi to Präsident Schwartz, and we had a District Leader Council and we got to discuss how we can help the Zone the most. I learned a lot from that meeting, and it is such a wonderful privilege to love, serve, and prayerfully seek ways to strengthen the other missionaries. Later Thursday we visited a part member family, the [B____] family and it was sweet to see such a wonderful family. We felt the Spirit very strong in the lesson and now it's really up to them if they want to act on the Gospel. We aren't sure they are sure of what they want.
Friday we went up to Dortmund for Zone Conference. (Yes, it was a lot of traveling this week.) I got to meet up with lots of great Elders and it was fun to talk with them all and to see their faith and greatness. It's fun getting to know new people. I learned a ton from Zone Conference about how to be a better missionary, how to be a better district leader and so on. I'm super excited for District Meeting coming up next week because we are going to talk a lot about exercising our faith to help more people to be baptized. My district is really awesome! I love my companion too. Elder Mayle helps me out so much. His strengths help my weaknesses. I was praying for more love for him this week, and I wrote down a list of good things he does, or great things about him. Because of that we had one of the greatest Companionship inventories ever and I just whipped out my list of things I thought were awesome about him. I really had the opportunity to build him up and strengthen him. I love Elder Mayle.

We had a Stake Conference last Sunday and Präsident Eyring, Elder Nelson, and some General Authorities spoke. It was super hard to understand, but it was a good meeting. I met a girl from Finland, and a girl who did a foreign exchange in Spanish Fork. There are some cool people in Düsseldorf. Right after Conference we went to a member's house and really impressed them simply because we knew food must still be prepared and we asked if we could go do some doors until the food was ready. They were so impressed. They told us they had never met missionaries like that! Diligence, Obedience, pays off. They gave us a long list of names they are working with, and a couple referrals we will have appointments with. We gained their love and trust, and I love the Maaß family. They are awesome!
I love the work of the Lord. It is so awesome here in Solingen. I know that Jesus Christ lives and is our Savior. When we live the principles and ordinances of the gospel, then we can receive the blessings of the Atonement. Otherwise we have no access to the greatest blessings our loving Father in Heaven has for us. I love Him. He is with me, and I needed the support from His holy angels this week. They were definitely with me!
I love you all.
Elder Matthew J Liddle 

No comments: