Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Woche Neunundfünfzig: Hallo von Solingen [Week 59: Hello from Solingen]


Hello Everybody, especially my wonderful family!
 
I have some awesome pictures. First, my companion Elder Mayle. He bought a sword. Yep, he has to send it home because we found out that's against the rules, but it was cool. It's going pretty well up here in Solingen and it sounds like everyone is doing well at home too, with lots of new and exciting things. I'm excited for you. Track (that one is close to my heart) and all the other stuff. I also got a sweet letter from Grandma Liddle and Rose and Shams. It was cool. So, let me tell you about my awesome week! It was awesome. On Tuesday we had a sweet Leadership Training meeting in Frankfurt. I got to see a lot of my old companions and friends. I learned a lot about finding and being a better administrator and minister. It was sweet, and I felt overwhelmed that I am not good enough, but with the Lord I can do it. I have lots of things to work on, and I need to become humble. Later that night I was with the other district leaders stuck in Köln, just the biggest city in our mission. We got to see the huge Dome and I took a few pictures real quick then we went straight into contacting. We had so many miracles. We taught some lessons on the street and made some apointments. It was an awesome night!

We had district meeting on Wednesday and it was pretty good. I have felt very strongly that we need to focus a lot on inviting investigators to baptism on the first lesson. I have seen so many miracles on my mission with that. The 12 Week Training program really pushes for that, and it is designed to help an increasing number of people come unto Christ. We were able to apply it this week. We were walking home one night as we missed our bus, and no one was outside so we started teaching each other the 1st lesson. We had an awesome lesson and we contacted a few people here and there. We ran into a theology student and set an appointment with her. We were excited. We had our appointment Saturday in the church and we taught focused on baptism. She understands because we taught with the Spirit, and clearly. At the end of the lesson, Elder Mayle and I jumped in the empty baptismal font and showed her how it would be for her baptism. We invited her to baptism. She said yes. She doesn't have a date though because she says she doesn't have time to meet. She'll read though in the Book of Mormon, and eventually I'm confident she'll get the answer to be baptized in the true and living Church of Christ.

In Church I bore my testimony on  fasting because our ward is doing a 40 day fast. We've seen so many small miracles! It's amazing. We haven't found any investigators yet this transfer. That is unusual, but it is a great experience. I'm just so grateful to be here working to improve and do the Lord's will. I bore my testimony and said how I was grateful for my baptism like Schwester [Sister] Rasch, who is our newest member. She is slightly handicapped. She raised her hand when I said her name and shouted "hallo!" It was funny. She is such a good example of the joy of making covenants with the Lord. There is just nothing better. Well, I think that's pretty much it for me this week. Elder Christofferson is coming this Thursday to Düsseldorf! I'm so excited. With just 2 Zones we have a 3 hour meeting with him. It's going to be great! I love you all. Have a good week and rely on the Lord.
 
Love,
 
Elder Matthew J Liddle







No comments: