Monday, March 26, 2012

Woche Zweiundsechzig: Hallo von Solingen [Week 62: Hello from Solingen]


Hallo Liebe Geschwistern, [Hello Dear Brothers and Sisters,]
 
This week has been an awesome week. Elder Mayle and I had a few awesome last days together. We worked hard to the end. Our last night together we went street contacting at 8 to 9 because we didn't have any appointments and because hardly anyone was outside, we decided to teach the first lesson backwards. It was way fun, and we later ran into a man when we got to the Great Apostasy, and we totally taught to this man's needs by doing exactly what we just practiced. We laughed about it afterwards because of how cool it was. Wednesday we went down to Frankfurt and I got to meet the Goldens [the new missionaries]. I had no idea which would be mine. Surprise, surprise! I had to wait til Thursday. The next morning I met my new Companion Elder Kuttler from College Station, Texas. As soon as we were assigned I felt really great! I was just so excited to go back and work.
 
We had a good first few days, but we haven't had a ton of time to go out, find, and work because of how much study we had to do, and because of meetings and travel time, but don't worry. We'll have the opportunity to work so hard this week that we'll go to bed absolutely exhausted. That is how it feels good. It's been way fun to try new ways to talk with people, and just thinking of new ways to find. Präsident Schwartz, has set a mission goal of 150 YSA baptisms from Conference to Christmas. We are way excited to do that, and we'll be working way hard on that. He also wants every companionship to be teaching 20 Lessons per week. This week, we hope to do that, we just need joint-teachers to come out and help us. It is way exciting what all is happening. Miracles are just waiting for us to come to them!
 
Being a trainer again is totally different. It's unique every time and always the call comes from God. I know for sure I'm with my companion for a reason. I just need to figure out why, and do it. This week in District Meeting we talked a lot about receiving revelation and catching the vision, and there are big changes that will be happening. It's so exciting what the Lord can do with us when we use our faith. He can do all things! I love my Savior, and I love the Book of Mormon, and especially I love my relationship with my Heavenly Father. It is the most precious thing we have. I love you all, and have a great week!
 
Love,
 
Elder Matthew J Liddle

No comments: