Hallo von Solingen,
We had a great past week, and I really really enjoyed General Conference! It was awesome, and I learned so much! I have so much to learn and change, but just putting one foot in front of the other is how to do it. Elder Kuttler and I had an amazing week! We taught more lessons on the street, found more investigators than I've ever accomplished in Solingen. We had a some great experiences. We did a lot of hard work street contacting and doing doors, just because we need to find some people. With all the excitement we started making goals to building up towards finding 10 new investigators per week and teaching 20 lessons per week. We are on the right path.
This week we taught many lessons right there on the street, or made out appointments. Elder Kuttler picked out a street, he says "randomly" but we know now it's inspiration. We found like 3 people there in 5 houses who were interested and wanted to hear what we had to say. It was great! We found a random man on the street to help us visit a new convert because we had no man to accompany us. He even helped teach a little bit. That was a surprise. Elder Collings and I (from Düsseldorf) went on a split and we visited an elderly man to bless him and someone must have called the police on us and thought we go door to door begging or swindling money from people. As we walked toward our bus stop, 2 big strong guys in their 20's got out of a car in the middle of the street. I could tell we were their target, and I thought they wanted to beat us up! Knowing me, I got ready to run, but then they asked us to stop and said they were the police. "Oh no," I thought, "they are pulling a prank on us, and then they'll beat us up!" Well, they had real Police IDs even though they wore street clothes. Then they checked us. All was well though, but I wanted to ask them if they were interested to learn about our church. They took off too fast though. It was a cool experience.
The excitement and finding investigators went up quite a bit this week. We are so excited for next week. One day as we finished weekly planning, we went out to do doors, but I felt we should maybe go somewhere else. We prayed and we felt to go to the other place. We found a guy we talked with earlier who we thought gave us a false address. He was interested and we taught him right then and there. It was awesome! We then saw a guy, down the street a ways and we felt like we should talk with him. We actually ran to catch up as he turned the corner. We ran quite a ways just to talk to him and he rejected us. But because of that, we found a girl who was interested right after, and a former investigator that needs help moving in. It was awesome! It's amazing how random the promptings of the Spirit can seem, but it pays off in the end. When we obey, all goes well.
I love you all, and I love my Savior Jesus Christ! He is the master, and I need Him. I know God hears and answers our prayers. He answers them all. Have an awesome week!
Alles Gute, [Best wishes,]
Elder Matthew J Liddle
[Here are some photos Elder Matt sent of himself with his companions and Pres. Schwartz.]




No comments:
Post a Comment