Liebe Familie u. Freunde, [Dear Family & Friends,]
This week was excellent! It was super hard. We had a lot of crazy stuff going on. We had a couple splits this week, with the Wuppertal Elders and then Elder Carlson was sick for the whole week, so I stayed in Düsseldorf with him to let Elder Collings (his companion) come work with Elder Kuttler in Solingen. It was awesome times! Elder Kuttler totally is stepping it up. He called people while I was gone, with German! I thought that was awesome! We got back together the next day and had some really spiritual times. I felt depressed after staying a whole day in the Wohnung. It was hard for me. I wanted to go work. It was good though, I learned a ton about how I can really step my work up, and just love the people more. I want to just love love love the people in Solingen. I want to love them so much I never want to leave. It's difficult sometimes to gain that charity, but I'm going to do all I can to get an added measure of it. I had to pray like crazy to feel good and all, but as soon as I really lost myself in the work it was great! I felt the Spirit so much. We are also trying some new things out with Finding, and really involving and using the ward in missionary work. It's been hard for me to do that, but now we are moving forward. I just love working hard myself and relying on me. That's unfortunately not the Lord's way. We need to work together.
Rosie!!!! Happy Birthday on the 14th!!! That is so awesome you are getting like totally old! You are 19 now!!! That's so awesome! I loved being 19. I'm so excited for you, and taking tests on your birthday is just the best! Congratulations!
Just so everyone knows, it was an awesome week. A couple of cool things going on. We are working with a less active member in our ward from Spain, and he's like 4 feet tall. He is the funniest little guy. I love him. We had only a little bit of finding time on Saturday, but we ran into a guy who seemed really interested. His name was Lars! We made out an appointment, but we think there was a misunderstanding with the time and place we made out. [Matt means "made" instead of "made out". It's a German idiom he's translating literally. That's a good sign for his German language skills. - The Editor] No worries, "seek and ye shall find, knock, and [he'll open his door for us when we knock on it]". The Lord has helped me always find someone I've diligently looked for so we will find him. Last night, I had a vivid dream of people on the street ready for the gospel. We need to dream and catch the vision. I had the feeling we needed to go out during study time this morning, and it kept pressing on me. We went out, and although it seemed the people were more in a hurry, we found someone right next to a bakery that was super interested in our message. I've never gone out to find that early, but the Spirit told us to, so we did. It was awesome! We had a pretty good P-day today and played some indoor fussball at Düsseldorf. It was way fun, but now I don't have a lot of time.
There is so much awesome going on, and I really feel that the youth here in Solingen will be the key to helping the ward grow. We want to really work with the ward, and giving them missionary opportunities and responsibilities. It's so awesome! I'm so excited, and things will change big here.
I love you all and have a great week!
Elder Matthew J Liddle
No comments:
Post a Comment