Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Woche Vierundsechzig: Frankfurt Tempel [Week 64: Frankfurt Temple]

Lieber Familie u. Freunde, [Dear Family and Friends,]

Well, I just have to say that yesterday I LOVED THE TEMPLE!!!!! It was so wonderful going to the Frankfurt temple! I loved it there. I felt like I was coming home. It was just sweet to go learn in the Lord's Holy House. I can't believe how much I forgot in just a little over a year ago. I learned so much, and felt the Spirit teach me things I really needed. It was a wonderful experience, and I was also so impressed by many member's faith to go to the temple. In the Düsseldorf Stake there are not lots of opportunities for many to go to the temple, but they treasure it and truly are grateful. We had to take a bus ride. I was studying family history this week, and trying to incorporate that in my finding efforts and in True to the Faith, under Family History, it says we should go as often as possible. I think we should really all desire that. It is so wonderful to go to the Temple. So, go to the temple. I've missed it so much. We got to do 2 temple sessions back to back. It was great, and everything in German was cool. I liked it. That was a highlight of this week.

Another cool experience happened today as we got haircuts. As we were at the "friseur" [barbershop] or hair cutting place, I don't know what it is in English, I striked up a conversation with the guy cutting my hair. Pretty soon, everybody at the friseur, started talking about religion, talking about what different famous people believe, and so on, talking about what Obama believes, Angela Merkel, etc. Nobody knew Mit Romney, and I was surprised about that. It was funny to see what influence we can have if we just open our mouths. I gave a card to the guy cutting my hair, hopefully he'll check the website and call us.

This week was pretty good. It definitely had its challenging moments, and everything, but we just tried our best and it paid off. Friday was Kar Freitag [Good Friday], and so nobody was outside almost. Mostly just muslim people. We talked to a couple guys from Pakistan who filmed us talking with them about our religion, and they invited us into their house and filmed some stuff they said and we said. Unfortunately we weren't able to talk too much because they talked a lot, but Elder Carlson (we were on an exchange) and I are supposedly on Youtube. That's interesting. We are going to tell them they can't film lessons when we are there, but we got permission from Präsident Schwartz to have them film us introducing the book of Mormon, or sharing a scripture. It's interesting. 

This week was sweet, although we lost a few investigators. It's all good though, we see so many miracles. On Easter Sunday, we had a fallen out appointment for a church tour, so we waited in front of our church, and an older couple approached us who lived across the street and asked about the church. We did a church tour, and in they want to learn more, they have interest in Family History, and they want to come to church. The man said, "I've always thought, why can't this church be my church!?" We told him that it can!  It was way awesome. We just see so many miracles, and things are really going to take off this week.

I love you all, and wish you all an awesome week!

Love,

Elder Matthew J Liddle

No comments: