Liebe Familie u. Freunde, [Dear Family and Friends,]
I'm so sorry this email is late. Our P day got way messed up today because some really needed our help in a move, and some other things... It has been a great day so far! I don't have very long to write. It was the craziest day and we missed so many trains, and everything today seemed to be going wrong. The Lord led us in the right places though, and a man asked us today about our church and wanted to learn more just after feeling discouraged about missing our train. It was a reminder to me that the Lord knows everything, and what His plan is, is more important than mine. I know the Lord is leading us, and wants us to follow and listen to Him. We just need to listen sometimes. This man lives by our church, and he's like the 3rd person we talked with that lives by our church and wants to learn more. I think we need to work in the immediate neighborhood of our church more. I have had dreams about having success there, and bringing people to church there. It'll be exciting to see how it goes.
This past week was great. It was very challenging, but we had a lot of little miracles everyday. Mostly this week we focused on visiting less active members, new converts and normal members. We were stuck in Remscheid, a city away from Solingen, and we happened to go by the Bishop. We were just what they needed at the time, and we've been teaching the members a lot and building them up. It's been a great week in that sense, and we're getting to the point this week where we will focus on helping members learn how to talk with their friends. That will prove to be successful. We had such a spiritual DDM this week, especially with Sis. Jensen, and Elder Carlson (from American Fork), leaving and sharing their testimonies. We have a couple investigators, but they've been kind of weak, so we need to find more. We've been in a rut, and we need to just get out of it. Friday, we had weekly planning, and it was good. We had a good companionship inventory, and those are very important. They can really strengthen a companionship and can make us one, and full of love. It's always such a positive and uplifting experience.
Saturday, we got the transfer calls, and yes! I'm staying in Solingen one more. I'm glad to stay because I feel my work is not finished here, or the work the Lord has for me here is not yet finished. Präsident Schwartz, was in Düsseldorf this weekend, and Dad, I do remember the Flughafen a tiny bit those 11 years ago. I thought it was so cool! Präsident Schwartz has wanted to visit our ward in Solingen, so he did this weekend. It was wonderful. He talked about missionary work, and the ward really really loves him. He had interviews with us, and I needed it. He taught me so much, and helped me a ton. I know he is called of God. I'm so grateful for him and his service. I love Präsident Schwartz so much. It has been way challenging lately with a lot of things, but he told me just go on! I'm learning tons and I'm loving it out here.
I love you all, and wish you all an awesome week!
Love,
Elder Matthew J Liddle
No comments:
Post a Comment