Sunday, March 25, 2012

Woche Einundsechzig: Training Again [Week 61: Training Again]

Guten Tag!

Wow, this week was crazy good. We had so many miracles each day. The 40-day fast our ward is doing is making a huge difference. We finally found an investigator now. It's awesome. We also have 4 appointments today, and today is P-day, so that will be a packed evening. We are just really working things out now in Solingen and things are clicking. So, Friday morning we got the call from Präsident Schwartz, and he asked me if I would be willing to train again. It was unexpected for Elder Mayle and I. We wanted to stay one more [transfer] together, but now I know it's time to move on and to go forward in the Lord's work. I'm staying district leader and I had a very powerful confirmation that my new companion is specially chosen for me and also that God has called me to be his trainer. I'm excited, but a little scared knowing how important it is. I am confident that with the Lord things will work out great!

I'm happy to stay in Solingen. The ward is just awesome and they love missionary work for the most part. They are really supportive. But, let me go through some of the miracles we had this week. We met with a fairly wealthy man, [S____] [K____] who was a referral from 8 years ago. I guess he never got contacted. We called him and he was interested. We have our 2nd appointment tonight doing a church tour and we will invite him to baptism on 21 April. Pray for us, we need the Lord's help. We have finally gotten our teaching to work really well and we have been trying out new things. We used the Family Proclamation for our first lesson with a Frau [L_____]. She's a young mother just wanting to give her family the best. We talked about the sons of Helaman, and the effect of the covenants their mothers made on the sons, and then talking about principles of the family proclamation. As we talked of covenants she asked us "what are these covenants? How do I make them!?" She was just so excited and wants to be baptized. She just needs to talk with her husband. Hopefully we can teach him too! We gave a Book of Mormon as a birthday present to a lady we "doored" into, and many other exciting miracles. It was a great awesome week!

I had a split in Düsseldorf this week and we had an awesome time doing creative ways to contact people from talking to YSA's in English to asking people about their hair gel. It is way fun and finding can be so much fun and so spiritual if we are just creative and use our strengths. I love it. I really have felt the help of angels this week, and I really have felt the Lord's love. I know He's there for us. Have an awesome week! I love you all and thanks for your prayers. They mean a lot to me.

Love,

Elder Matthew J Liddle

No comments: