Monday, June 18, 2012

Woche Vierundsiebzig: Moin moin moin! [Week 74: Hello hello!]

Guten Tag von Solingen, land of the knives, trolly buses, and 2 missionaries!

Hi there. I hope everyone is having a good time and week. I'm glad the boys are back at the house now and everyone is just growing up while I'm gone. Wow. This past week has been crazy! It has just flown by so fast, it is all a blur. Let me see if I can sum it up for you. This week we had tons of fallen out appointments and disappointments, but in the end, we worked hard, and did our best. I feel good about it. We helped some less active members make some important steps into becoming converted. And on Wednesday something super awesome happened! We were invited by the Bishop over for dinner for Wednesday, and so when we got out there, we went in, and they said the food would be ready in about an hour. So, we definitely had some time that we shouldn't waste by sitting and waiting for the food, so we went out and started talking with everyone. We asked the Bishop first where to go, and he told us 2 streets. We went to where these 2 streets and right where these 2 streets meet, we found a man carrying cat food, and we talked with him. Talking with him, we learned that so many bad things had happened in his life. We testified of truths from God's plan, and asked if we could teach him more. He took us to his Wohnung [apartment] and we taught him. We are meeting with him tonight, we had no time the rest of the week because we were so busy. We asked the Bishop to pray about a street we should work on to find people, and he did it and was pretty excited about it.

Earlier on Wednesday we visited with a new investigator, and he was a referral from 2 less active members. We taught him the 1st lesson, and he really enjoyed it. Turns out he is almost finished with 1 Nephi too! He's just making so much progress and is praying so well, and honestly. He just wants to repent and be baptized! At church yesterday talking with him, he gave a BM to his family. His family told him that we are some wierd cult! He told them that we weren't, that he was going to go to church, and that he's going to get baptized, or something like that. I'm not sure on all the details. He is way awesome! He just needs to quit smoking, and he wants to, and the less active members had another opportunity to give a Book of Mormon away to a relative that lost her husband. It's pretty great! We may get some more referrals from them.

Thursday we fasted for our finding day on Saturday, and then we had Zone Conference on Friday. I learned so much, and I just feel so humbled. I have so much to improve. I'm thankful for the opportunity and that I can recognize what to change. Saturday we just worked super hard for finding, and we were somehow able to get 2 in with members of the ward. One, was with a new convert and he just ate it up, and loved it! Unfortunately we didn't have too much success. I don't know why, but our day just did not turn out the way we wanted it to. We felt good though after a day of hard work. It was great to get the members involved and excited too. Sunday was good, and we also did a lot of finding. We see a ton of little miracles everyday! We got some good potentials and found a Turkish guy who said to us, "I've been searching for the truth, but I don't know where to find it!" We taught him about Joseph Smith, and everything, and was intrigued. He is a truck driver, so he's only home on the weekends, but next Saturday we are going to give him a Turkish Book of Mormon. He was awesome! We also made out one last appointment right before we had to go in with a young guy. He was super intrigued and said he could bring some friends too!  There was a lot that happened this week.

I've learned a lot about repentance this week, and how wonderful and important it is. I'm so grateful for the Savior and His mercy so that we can repent. I love it. That's one of the best things in life. Some of the greatest words are, "I invite you to repent!" I love you all, and wish you a great week!

Alles liebe,

Elder Matthew J Liddle

No comments: