Monday, June 4, 2012

Woche Zweiundsiebzig: Guten Tag! [Week 72: Good Day!]

Liebe Geschwister! [Dear Brothers and Sisters!]

This past week has just been awesome! The whole time I was just anticipating the transfer calls. I had no idea what was going to happen. I tried to just forget about it, and work hard. It worked pretty well. This Saturday we got the call, and Elder Kuttler will actually be going away, and I'm going to stay District leader here in Solingen. An Elder Gren, is coming up to work with me, who is in the same MTC group as Elder Sheppard. I'm super super excited to work with him because he is super diligent. He chooses to only speak German, so I'm excited to only speak German and start thinking, dreaming, reading, and writing in just German. I feel like I still have some people in my district to still build up, and help more and I feel the transfer is right, and I need to be here. I prayed about it, and I feel humbled by the trust and assignment the Lord has given me. I need to rise up to it.

So let me tell you a zusammenfassung [summary] of this past week. Tuesday, we met with a sweet family from Italy who is totally ready for the church. They want to know if it is true, and what to do in life. They are really sincere. Wednesday we had a good District Meeting, and we taught a little girl, a 4 foot tall Spanish man, and a medieval knight. (Well, he is a knight actor for a nearby castle. His armor is very heavy!) Thursday we traveled a lot outside the city to contact old referrals, and we had like no success. I learned though that we need to really find where the right people are, and when they are there. I noticed a lot of students live near main Bahnhofs [train stations] so we are going to start working a lot more by there. They go to school in the morning, so we may switch part of our study time to later in the day so we can find the prepared, that the Lord wants us to find. It's pretty exciting. I also learned from Thursday that we should work smart and efficient, and that means usually working close to the church, our center.

Friday, we had an awesome lesson with [S____]. He contacted us as we were teaching the guy who looked like Jesus on the street. We asked him why he contacted us, and he told us he had family problems and saw us and thought we were his only hope. He felt the Spirit so strong as we showed him the church. There are a lot of miracles happening. He wants to come every Sunday to church. Saturday we had a musical fireside in Wuppertal, and it was just a spiritual experience. This whole week has been really spiritual, and the words of the scriptures have just really impressed my soul and brought me strength, peace, and comfort. I love my mission so much, and I'm learning to be so much better. I know Christ lives, and directs us. His angels are with me bearing me up. I feel it. We need to see the things as God sees them. We need to call down miracles from Heaven, and do the right. I love this work. I love you all very much. Have an awesome week!

Love,

Elder Matthew J Liddle

No comments: