Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Woche Einundsiebzig: Viel Vergnügen! [Week 71: Enjoy Yourself!]


Guten Tag!
 
Alles klar? [Everything okay?] I hope everyone had a good week. I know I did. Starting last Monday evening to yesterday evening was just full of miracles. Monday night we were in Remscheid. Our one investigator we had, we had to drop. He's not doing his part. It was sad, but he is free to choose liberty and eternal life, or not to... That evening we just worked in the area though, and had some crazy little miracles just getting a hold of people and having really cool talks with people about the gospel. We stopped a guy on a bike, and he said he'd love to come to church sometime. That was cool. Tuesday, I had an exchange in Düsseldorf with Elder Collings and I just learned a lot. We went door to door with 20 Book of Mormons, and it was heavy! We had no where to put them though, so we had to take them. We used it to explain Christ can take away our burdens, and it worked out really well actually, although we didn't find new investigators, we have some people who told us to come back later. It just so happened that the Assistants, (Elder Anderson my trainer) were coming to Düsseldorf. I got to work with him for 2 hours. It was so awesome to work with him again, he's so Christlike, and we were totally led by the Spirit to this one building. We doored it to no success really, but then one of the last doors, we knocked, the lady told us she lost her mother just yesterday evening. It was so spiritual and I know we were sent from God. It was almost next door to where the Sisters in Düsseldorf live, so we're sending them to her.
 
Then I had a great exchange with the Elders in Bonn, and it was fun! We learned so much about focusing again on the basics of Preach my Gospel. That's what it's all about I learned. If we live Preach my Gospel, then we are doing the Lord's work His way. Elder Kuttler and I fasted all Thursday for our special all day finding day on Friday, and we were really expecting to find 10 investigators. On Friday, the 4th person we talked with out the door was way interested. We contacted him, and then he immediately gave us some Carl Bloch pictures of Jesus. We were shocked! This man even looked like the pictures of Jesus! We were so excited and we thought, "wow, fasting really works!" We continued throughout the day, but we only found 2 investigators that day. I'm so grateful for that though. We found one investigator who is a medieval actor for some castle in the area. He's pretty cool, and this whole week we've been seeing so many miracles. Yesterday as we met with Mirco, (the guy who looks like the pictures of Jesus) another man came up and asked what we were teaching. The people seem to just be flocking to us now, and last night we found another guy and taught him about the Book of Mormon and he wants to be baptized. He didn't even live at the door we knocked at, but was just visiting for a few hours. Miracles are just falling from Heaven when we show the Lord how much we want them. 
 
Basically it was an awesome week, and we can't express it all, or the wondeful things the Lord has done for us, not just in outward experiences, but spiritual strength, and inner help. I know my Heavenly Father loves me, and as well, Jesus Christ. I know their Angels have charge over me, they are with me. I know it. I feel it in my heart. I love my mission. It is so hard, but I learn so much, and the Lord is so merciful. "After much tribulation, come the blessings." (D&C 58:4) They may last a moment, but joy will soon fill our soul.
 
I love you all, and have fun with school getting out! That will be fun!
 
Love,
 
Elder Matthew J Liddle

No comments: