Monday, May 14, 2012

Woche Neunundsechzig: Besser denn je! [Week 69: Better than ever!]


Hallo. Ich habe euch lieb!  [Hello.  I love y'all.]

Dad, I must first start out by telling you that "ich bin weg vom Fenster" ["I'm out the window"] means usually that you are leaving because you've been frustrated. It's like saying, "Ok that's it. I'm out, I quit!" Maybe some people will think it's funny though when you say it. I'd recommend trying it out. Aber, ich verstehe nur Bahnhof.  [But, I only understand train station.]  I like that one. I'll have to try it out sometime. "Es ist mir Wurst" is another of my favorites. (It's sausage to me, or it doesn't matter to me.)
 
It was so fun talking with everyone yesterday and I enjoyed it a lot. It is crazy what everyone is up to, and Jake being 6'1'', Alice growing up, Robert Going to School, Rosie doing IS, Mike doing awesome and getting his license, and Julie giving a Talk. Wow.. I have an awesome family! I must say I've been changing a lot too. And Mike!! Happy Birthday tomorrow! I hope you have a good one!
 
This week was super awesome. It was super challenging and great! I learned a lot about patience, trials, true charity, etc.  So let me tell you about the wonderful things. Last monday we had a lesson with Br. [K____], our progressing investigator now, and we'd been struggling to help him understand why we need to come to church. Elder Kuttler was feeling way sick, and we were at the Bishop's house teaching. It was one of the hardest lessons of my life. We had so many interruptions from cell phones, people knocking on the door, and even Elder Kuttler vomiting in the Bathroom. At the end though when Elder Kuttler came out, he said, "Ich komme zur Kirche." I'm coming to church.  That was for me shocking. He was at church yesterday and I think he really loved it! I am starting to see a change in him, and I hope that he just continues going forward.

We had a good district meeting, and I did an Austausch [Exchange] this week. I should have done better to help this missionary do just a little bit better, and I didn't because of fear... We should help people reach their full potential and love them enough to help them. I know what I have to work on now. But, on the exchange we found a super interested Bible guy who is super interested in learning and then to be baptized. That was way awesome!
 
We had a pretty good week, and Church was awesome. I had the privelege to teach Elder's quorom, and everything seemed to be just perfect for our investigator. We also were in a city this weekend, called Hilden, and we talked with a random man, who's next door neighbors have a son in the church in Salt Lake City. We'll be going back there because we felt that their son has prayed for us to find them, and that the Lord is preparing them. We'll see how it goes. It just shows why we should talk with everyone. We never know what will happen.
 
I love you all, and the Lord is with us. He promises to always be with us. He has strengthened me so much. I love my Savior Jesus Christ. He is my Master.
 
Love,
 
Elder Matthew J Liddle

No comments: