Guten Tag Liebe Geschwistern, [Good Day Dear Siblings,]
This past week was just awesome!! It was a blast. Last monday after P-day we had church tours and it was cool and successful. The one guy was really interested in Family History. That is a powerful tool! We had a lot of miracles this week. We just worked super hard and it paid off. On Tuesday or Wednesday we doored into a building where a bunch of young people live and we had a walk in appointment. I think there are more investigators to find there as well. We have been working with a newer convert struggling with smoking and this week she hasn't smoked at all! I was so excited for her. We call her everyday to give her encouragement, and we will have members do that too. We worked a lot in the area of the church, and we've been really trying to excite the members by telling them these sweet awesome miracle stories. It's been working. This ward is getting on fire. They are coming so close to giving us more referrals, and we are just working super well with them! I love it.
We also had a way cool experience on Wednesday as we were doing doors, we had the idea we should go back to the main down town center and contact some people. As we did so, right when we were about to leave, we talked with a 16 year old guy who is super intellectual, and scientific, but super interested in developing the faith. It's always successful when we talk with just one more person before we go. That's interesting that we find the elect then. He didn't have time to meet right then, so we made an appointment for the next day. We had a super spiritual lesson. The Spirit was soo strong that Elder Kuttler said he thought he'd explode. It was amazing. He prayed at the end and God was trying so hard to help him. He unfortunately rejected it... We'll continue to follow up with him. He said he's just not ready right now. He has had problems with his parents and had a hard life, so I have a great feeling about him. I feel something special about finding the Youth in this ward.
We had an exchange and I was with someone I was in the MTC with, Elder Holzer. We worked so hard, and just tried so hard to find. We had some success. Cool miracle story: We went by a member to pray with him before doing more doors and as we knocked on the members door, a guy walked by and we contacted him. He was interested and had a little time. We had a super awesome lesson with the member and the member just gave such powerful testimony. It really helped the guy, and he walked away with a Book of Mormon. Sadly, no new investigators this week, but we were so close and had so much success. We need to follow up with some people and this week we should find lots. Missionary work is just the life's greatest work! It's so awesome! I love the Lord. He has His hand in it. I know that Jesus Christ lives, and that He's our Savior. I'm so grateful for all the Lord has given me, which is everything. He is so wonderful and awesome! He's taken such good care of me. I love Him.
I invite you all to have an awesome week and come closer to Christ!
Alles liebe, [All my love,]
Elder Matthew J Liddle
No comments:
Post a Comment