Let me just tell you about my awesome week. It was pretty awesome. First, I want to explain the pictures. The one with me and the piano is in Darmstadt. It's the Piano Präsident Uchtdorf refers to in Lift Where You Stand. there's also Elder Sommerville and I in our nice Apartment, and then a random kid with a cool hat. I used the line, "can I take a picture of your hat," to talk with him. We had a good little talk on the blessings of obedience. Obedience is super important! I love the Obey hat. I've seen them around a lot now. I guess it's becoming cool to be obedient with the uprising generation. I'm a big fan of that.
So. What has been happening this past week. Monday was a cool day after P day we went over to a part of Heidelberg a little far away to find a less active family. A member [drove] by us, and stopped to talk with us, and he just happened to be their home teacher and had a little time to go with us. We had an awesome lesson with the family! They are in the process now of becoming fully active. It's so awesome! Tuesday, was great as we went to the Bishop's house for lunch. We met their neighbors who looked very familiar, and just like they were already members of the church. We'll follow up on that great referral for sure. On the way there, I tried to talk with an American tourist family, and unfortunately they did not want to talk at all. I was kind of sad, but a young man in a nice suit, contacted me right after that. He gave me his business card and I had to run to catch our bus, but I called him immediately after I got on. Turns out he's from Slovakia! (I thought sofort [immediately] about Suzie Vozarova) We talked and I explained what we do, and he was really open to it. His name is [Z____], and he was looking for a business opportunity. He is a well off self employed marketer, and is only 23. He is a really cool guy, and we gave him a church tour and taught him a little bit. He seems so ready if he's willing to take some time off work on Sundays.
We went to the Temple on Wednesday, and that was such a spiritual time. In the Celestial room, we all stood in a circle and just looked at the magnificence of each other. The Spirit became very strong, and in the Temple it is just so magnificent, wonderful, and holy. We had MLC [Mission Leadership Council??] on Thursday and I learned a ton. I need to improve a lot. We've been having a problem in our mission, not teaching people so they get baptized. We need to do better on that, and also just finding. We've been taught how to do these things, it's just a matter of getting up the courage, and doing it all. That's something I really feel strongly about, and as I've struggled to fall asleep some evenings, that was what was heavily upon my mind keeping me from sleeping. I know we need to do better at inviting people coming unto Christ by baptism. This Thursday we have a Zone Meeting, and so that will be something super important there.
Friday we had an only finding day, and it didn't go that great at first because we just didn't have the Spirit. Finally after working hard, we got the hang of it the last 2 hours of the day, and had 2 great lessons. The Spirit just prompted us to go to the Church. We did, and found someone interested on the way there. It's always on the way that we find those prepared people. I love it, and I love the Lord. I just feel happy when I have His Spirit with me. Missionary work is just the greatest. It's definitely hard, but it's worth it. It is rewarding when we serve with all our heart, might, mind, and strength. Have an awesome week!
Liebe Grüße, [Greetings,]
Elder Matthew J Liddle
No comments:
Post a Comment