Danke für die Gebete, Briefe, und Unterstützung. [Thanks for the prayers, letters, and support.] Thanks Mom for sending the medicine. I request beef jerky, deodorant, and Tums from America, but I think I'm going to ask the American families for that stuff this week that we're visiting. I had some goldfish for the first time in over a year and it was a wierd taste I must say. The food here is not like Goldfish. This past week was awesome! It was a challenge, but it was great!
We had a couple of Austausches [exchanges], and I especially love the ones with the new missionaries. They are so excited and I learn a ton from them. I was with Elder Craft this week. He's from Utah up north in Weber County. He is such a righteous and dedicated missionary. I loved it so much. We did some awesome missionary work. I guess the coolest part of this week was yesterday. We were a little disappointed that [M____] didn't come to church, but we didn't let that get us down. In the American Ward, we talked with the young men, and gave them a success story. Their teacher also asked them all how often they read in the scriptures. I'm sure many of them felt embarrassed how infrequently they read the scriptures. I felt awkward for them, just like I felt awkward when I was 12 and posed that same question. I remember Brother Hegerhorst in his loving and correcting manner inviting me to read from the Book of Mormon every day, at least one verse. It was like a flashback for me. It reminded me of my gratitude for Br. Hegerhorst. Tell him I say thank you if he doesn't read this. I shared that experience and how much happier I became as a result of reading the Book of Mormon every day. I invited them all to read everyday at least a verse. I expect of myself that I will read the Book of Mormon everyday for the rest of my life. I won't accept any excuse from myself not to read something from that wondeful scripture everyday.
We've been working a lot with the Institute center this week, and we have increased the attendance. We always invite afterwards, the non members to meet with us and learn about the gospel. That is probably the hardest part for me. I felt scared and awkward to do it, especially in front of their friends who are members. It's so great though because we can make it totally natural and loving. Then they feel the Spirit, and as we talk with them they at least know the invitation is there. We give them their chance, their agency. It's the funniest thing though to see how scared the members are about it though. Everytime Elder Sommerville and I invite someone, the member right there always just looks away or walks away as soon as we start to invite them to learn more. It's really the funniest thing. I enjoy it. They just really love their friends, and are scared they will reject it. They all have a positive experience though with the church.
Yesterday was a farewell talk for a missionary going to England. He brought tons of non members and they all felt the Spirit so strong and had so many questions. We got one contact from it, and invited lots of people to institute, but we should have just passed a clipboard around for them to write down their contact info. It was a great Sunday, and this week was awesome full of miracles!
I love you all, and I love the Lord. I know that my Redeemer lives. He is the Master. I'm reading the Book of Mormon through Marking references to Christ, his attributes, words, and doctrines and I've come so much closer to Him. I love Him, and He enables and empowers me. Have a great week.
Love,
Elder Matthew J Liddle
P.S. I'm staying another transfer in Heidelberg with Elder Sommerville. I'm super excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment