Well, it was a challenging, but awesome week. I definitely learned a lot. I was sick, but I'm feeling pretty great right now, and that should be taken care of this week. I just wanted to start off by sharing my testimony that I shared yesterday in church. Last Fast Sunday in the American Ward, I felt so strongly from the Spirit to share my testimony. I didn't and I felt so bad. So, yesterday I bore my testimony on repentance and the joy, peace, and happiness we receive from it. I felt so good while sharing my testimony. I felt the Savior's love. I testified that it's never too late to repent, and there is always a way. That is the truth, and I experienced that. I had a great experience this past Friday. I was just sick, tired, and not doing well. We got back and did planning, and I was just so tired and in so much pain I just got in bed, didn't brush my teeth or pray. I was just done. The Spirit had a little visit with me, and He told me to get on my knees and pray. I said I didn't want to, I hurt too much, and I just want to sleep. He asked again, and told me it would make me happier. He was persistent in inviting me to do something that would help me. The Spirit helped me understand why I should pray. I knew I needed to show my Heavenly Father respect. As I did, I felt peace just come into me, and my pain went away. I was then able to sleep and had a good night. I'm so grateful for the love, patience, and the invitations from the Lord. He loves us all so much and never will give up on us. I know that to be true. We can repent everyday and find joy in that.
These experiences also have helped me be able to help other people and invite others to come unto Christ. We've had some interesting situations this week, but we have learned that it is so important to invite others directly to do something. We teach them clearly, boldly, and powerfully, and then invite them with the Spirit so they can use their Agency. It is so wonderful and so awesome. I'm excited to get out this week, and go and do it.
Elder Sommerville and I are working well together and are going to bring to pass some miracles. I'm excited for the exchanges we have this week. We're trying to get the fire into all the District Leaders and to help them pass that on, especially with the new missionaries. I am working with the District Leaders this week and I'm so excited for the opportunity. It's time for some change in this Zone. The Lord needs us to do better, so that's what we'll do. I love the new missionaries, and they are ready and called of God to do miracles. This is a work of Miracles. It's the work of the Almighty God. I know the Book of Mormon is true. The Priesthood of God is restored and with us. Have an awesome week, and keep up the scripture study, prayers, and church attendance.
Love,
Elder Matthew J Liddle
No comments:
Post a Comment