This past week was pretty awesome I must say. The Lord definitely taught me a lot and I was humbled. Last Monday Elder Sommerville and I went on a companionship date to the castle. It was fun. We also played some Basketball. I went in the Bathroom before we started playing and prayed that I would be able to play really well to gain the respect of the guys playing, and also that I would be helped to open my mouth for missionary work. Good news, prayer really works. I totally made a sweet alley oop on a fast break. I could not believe my eyes when I realized what I just did. I got really lucky. I got to know the other guys, but really struggled to find the right invitation to get them to come to the church, or to learn more. We probably won't play again until we have a better way or plan. It was fun though.
Tuesday we had MLC [mission leadership council?] in the Mission home and it was so wonderful to learn about how to accomplish our baptismal plans, and other important things we needed to learn. I felt very humbled by the Spirit and I was filled with a desire to do better. I was excited for the week. I then had an Exchange in Worms with Elder Jardine aus [from] Brigham city. He is a great Elder, an amazing Trainer. Just talking with him, I would not be surprised if he trains his whole mission. He's good at it, he's most obedient, and such a hard worker. It's nice being able to work with many Elders like that. We had a miracle day. It was just a white day, and we decided to go by people from the Area Book, and we just talked with Everyone, even some people who were working. We just gave everyone a chance to hear the gospel! We made out 10 appointments! It felt so good because we just taught every person one by one on the street and they wanted to meet with us. We even found a 16 year old version of Joseph Smith, only a little different. ;) Every person we made an appointment with was a miracle story It would take too long to tell here. It was awesome! I was pumped up for the rest of the week.
We found a new investigator through a member. [He] comes from Ethiopia. He's way open and cool! He seems promising, and I want to help him. We found some less actives who are ready to come back, and we found some, who want to just leave the church. It was way funny. We went by one family and they didn't want to let us in, so Elder Sommerville just asks if we could get some water from them because it was a hot day. After talking through the speaker box, we realized we had 2 huge water bottles in our hands right there. We tried to shove them in my backpack, but it was a little too full. It worked out though, and I was able to zip up my backpack in time before the brother came down to the door with water. It was a funny experience. Another time on the Strassenbahn a crazy guy started shouting stuff against us. I had to stay there with the bikes, but Elder Sommerville just walked away. I had the thought suddenly to pray for him, and after he got quiet I did. Then he started talking very friendly with us. I then shared a little bit with him about our church. The Lord really loves us all. I know it. This week was good, and I know I came closer to my Father in Heaven. I love you all, and wish you eine Gute Woche! [a good week!]
Alles liebe, [All love,]
Elder Matthew J Liddle
No comments:
Post a Comment