Monday, July 6, 2015

Vecka Fyrtiofyra [Week 44]

[Where did Weeks 42 and 43 go?  Well, Elder Liddle had so much to do that he didn't get a blog letter written, and the brief family emails he went weren't suitable for adapting for the blog.  We hope he has enough time to continue writing in the future.  -- The Editor]

Käre familj och vänner,
[Dear family and friends,]

Vilken underbar vecka!
[What a wonderful week!]

We've been way busy with transfers, but things have calmed down now. Most of the mission transferred somewhere or got a new companion, so it was pretty stressful, but we got it done in an orderly fashion and with few mistakes. Now it's meeting preparation and regular office work time. It's also proselyting time. We've gotten to do more since Elder Bliss came than before, but it still hasn't been as much as I would like.

That's right. I have a new companion. Elder Bliss, hailing from the Millard County area, more specifically, Delta. He is from my MTC group, so the pictures with him might look a little familiar. This week I got to reunite with one of my former companions for a day because his companion had to come all the way to Stockholm to renew his visa. We had to bring 10 people in, and it was from all over Sweden. Literally. That was a big mess that we had found out about on P-day, and spent all P-day fixing, along with MLC plans. It was crazy! That's why I haven't written a general letter for the past two weeks. I haven't gotten any email time.

So... We've had a couple of cool experiences, and I'm not sure which I've already told about because it's been so long, so just bear with me. When Elder Taggart was still here I was praying hard for an investigator. Someone to teach. Just one person. I was sick of being in the office so much every day for so many days in a row! Finally, a person texted us saying, "Thanks for the card, but I've already been to church and I'm not really interested." So I asked them why, and we got into this discussion about living the teachings of the Bible, and then he brought up corporal punishment, and I tried to say what I knew from the teachings of prophets, and ended by sending him a link of the Family Proclamation and asking if we could meet to talk about it more sometime. And the mystery person agreed! What a cool miracle!

Awesome experience number two: Elder Bliss and I set up a goal to do at least one service project a week with members. And felt really good about that goal. So we brought it up several times, and talked to people about it, and got three moves scheduled in one week. Two non-members, one member. The one non-member is an investigator of the Assistants, so we couldn't really start teaching her, but the other non-member was a simultaneous referral for us to start teaching, and she agreed to have us back any time, and that we could definitely talk about religion with her! The blessings that come from serving others is incredible. It's really a great way to open the door for people to come into the Church!

We have been having meetings lately about the Book of Mormon, and its importance. They have really helped me realize how important the Book of Mormon really is! We all need to be studying it every day! And it won't ever get easier, but it will always make us stronger, and bless us. Here in the office we made a goal to sacrifice 30 min. of sleep every morning to read the Book of Mormon together. We believe that by so doing, we will bring miracles in this mission, and in our areas. We will strengthen our personal testimonies of the Book of Mormon, and be able to help others gain and strengthen their testimonies as well. We have already noticed the Spirit being more abundant throughout the day as we begin by feasting on the words of Christ.

Happy Independence Day! We had a fun barbecue with members, and it was a great time. Well, I'm out of time, so I wish you all well! Have a wonderful week!

mvh,

Äldste Liddle



No comments: