Monday, July 20, 2015

Vecka Fyrtiosex [Week 46]


Hejsan från det vackra landet Sverige! [Hello from the beautiful land of Sweden!]

This week was fantastic. I felt so happy on Sunday that I just couldn't stop smiling! We'll start with the beginning of the week. The assistants were out for most of this week doing specialized zone trainings with President and the remaining 3 zones, so we were basically alone for half the week. They left on Monday and got back on Thursday night late, then left Friday morning and got back for dinner.

We had 3 big problems this week in the office. 1. Our convert data entry system broke, so we haven't been able to put in our baptismal records for a while, and none of the solutions were working. That one got solved after a quick phone call on Monday, so all those hours on the phone with IT paid off. 2. We had some software licenses expire that we had the wrong versions of (non-Church version), so we had to get those all put on the computers before everything came to a screeching halt. 3. We had a problem with the iPhones, and are needing to talk to some people with more IT authority than we have in our office, and we're still working on that. But 2/3 is not bad considering those were just the large, time-constrained problems.

We got to go out and work a lot this week though. I really loved it. We did a lot of street contacting, and service as well. We set a goal at the beginning of this transfer to do one service project a week for the entire transfer, and so far we are 100%. It's really cool because one of the people we have been serving is becoming an investigator now. We've talked while serving, and had some spiritual discussions, and have a solid relationship with her, so she loves us and our church. She won't be someone who's going to quickly change churches though, but we'll love her and help her into the Church.

It's cool to see this week that I was prepared for a lot of the things that would happen on my mission. A lot of the problems we have run into have been easy fixes because I know exactly what I'm supposed to do with the problem because I've solved it before. The others are problems that build off of problems I've solved before, so they stretch me to grow and become better in my field.

We pick up an Elder whose family picked him up today and has been a fun elder to have here. It was a touching moment in the mission home as we all said our last goodbyes before his family took him. I love that guy. It was funny to see him try to speak Danish to his family again, because he kept on using Swedish words on accident since they are so close. He actually was in the office at one point, and he's been a great example of obedience, hard work, and love to me during my mission.

Sunday was absolutely great. Our sacrament meeting was a spiritual feast that I had the pleasure of translating, then we taught a good youth Sunday school class on family history. I really liked being able to share my testimony on that subject again, and trying to help encourage the youth to begin in a work that would change their lives for the best. We got to spend some time this week with a youth in our ward who completed a challenge we commited him to do, so it was reward day. We had some really good milkshakes, and a fun conversation with another invitation to act. He's such a great guy. We also got some great stuff set up on Sunday, which made me even happier.

We've been making a sacrifice, and giving up our sleeping time so we can read the Book of Mormon as an apartment every day, and it has really blessed us. I've seen the power that that book has. It can change lives if we really study and apply it. We've been challenged to study 2 Ne. 9 or Enos every day for the entire transfer, and still, after three weeks of reading it, I come out with a page of notes, and new insights and goals that I have gained from the chapters. When we feast upon the words of Christ, we see the taste is good. It's something we want to have, and really feel that it satisfies a nagging hunger that we try to supress. Don't supress it. Feed it with the Book of Mormon. All of us have been a lot happier here, and have seen lots of success in every phase of the work here. Because of the Book of Mormon, miracles are happening in the lives of members and non-members, all over the world, and right here in Stockholm Sweden. I know that it is true with all my heart, and really know it by the power of the Holy Ghost. It doesn't just make sense and work out, the Spirit testifies of its truth. I have received a spiritual confirmation that the book is true, and know that everyone may receive the same witness in their own way. I hope you all have a fantastic week, and can come to understand the power and blessings that come from the Book of Mormon.

Med Vänlig Hälsning,

-- Äldste Liddle

No comments: