Monday, August 17, 2015

Vecka Femtio [Week 50]

Hejsan!

This week was great. I'm so happy I have Elders Bliss and Burke as my companions. They are such great guys. We had an amazing companionship inventory this week. We all were humble in taking any correction that was given, but focused on each other's strengths and it made it a lot better. We had a great time this week and worked really hard. We got a lot of teaching in this week and saw success in everything we did.

To start off we had a stressful short p-day followed by MLC. It was focused on Chapter 9 in Preach My Gospel: Finding. We talked a lot about finding the prepared, who the prepared are, and how we as a mission can get better at finding. The prepared are those who will act on our message. It was really good. One thing we talked about was if we want to find the prepared, we have to be prepared. We have to be obedient, and doing all we can to be able to find the prepared. We have to be in-line with the Spirit in order for Him to guide our paths to the prepared. That was taken to our zone trainings this week and was applied really well. A big part of all that is practice. We need to be practicing over and over again so that we can be good at talking to people about the gospel. An example was of a missionary out here who was contacted on a street himself. He had a strong testimony of contacting because of that and he would literally talk to everyone he could. Stockholm would stress him out because too many people walk by while he's talking to one. He does a great job though and no matter who it is, or how much of a hurry either person may be in, he stops to talk to them. What a great missionary! I had the privilege of going on splits with that missionary several times because it was Elder Noso. I learned a lot from him. And he role-plays every day teaching and contacting. So we've been role playing every day. It's been going really good and helping us a lot.

This week I've been focusing on studying Preach My Gospel since it hit me how great of a tool it really is. It has a step-by-step guide to being a better missionary! It teaches us everything we need to be better and bring people to Christ. Plus it makes studies more interesting as it applies the scriptures and cross-references them with the words of living prophets. I love it. I can see the change in my mission because of Preach My Gospel. It really is incredible! It's something that all members should be studying.

We did a lot of teaching on the streets this week. We met some really positive people and it helped show us the power of faith and sacrifice again. We sacrificed time to get out of the office and be out in the field and saw success in all areas of the work because of that. We showed our faith by talking to everyone, even the little kids playing in a park. We worked way hard this week, and every night I've come home feeling super happy. It was a witness to me that God is pleased with what I am doing. That my work is acceptable to Him.

I'm out of time, but it was a great week. Hope you have a great week too!

Äldste Liddle

No comments: