This week was really great! We worked really hard to get out, and some really exciting things happened. First, and probably least significant, We got new computers!!! I got to set most of them up, and that was fun. It reminded me of the good old times when I was doing that as a job. They are nice little machines.
We taught some really interesting people this week. One was a man who was studying with the Jehovah's Witnesses, and seemed genuinely interested in the Book of Mormon. Then he asked some weird questions like, "What is God's name?" and I was starting to doubt his sincerity a little, so when he asked his final question of, "Who woke Jesus up from the dead?" I took my chance to say, "Do you really want the answer to that question? Well, we don't have time to answer that question because it takes some more information to understand, but we could meet and answer it another time." He didn't want to meet, but he gladly took our card. The next day during district meeting we got a call, and it turns out it was him, and he wanted his answer. So we taught him the Plan of Salvation, and said, That's how it works. We brought in support from both the Bible and Book of Mormon, and explained everything so clearly that in the end we asked, "Do you have any questions?" And all he could say was, "uh, no. I guess I'll have to talk to my 'friends' about this." He was confounded by the knowledge and simplicity that three 19 year old boys were able to give him in 15 minutes that many people with more experience than us, and much more knowledge could not begin to explain.
We also got to attend a funeral this week for a member in a ward in Stockholm. His wife was either not a member, or had been inactive long enough that she didn't really understand the plan of salvation anymore. We had an audience who was 95% Spanish, and probably 80% non-members. We were there to participate in singing a musical number in Swedish and Spanish. O My Father. It was really good, and brought the Spirit in a unique and wonderful way. The meeting took place in Spanish, so I didn't get a whole lot of it, but from what I understood, a guy got up to speak for 45 min. and taught the Plan of Salvation and said, "This is why we have missionaries. To help everyone know of this wonderful knowledge that we have. To help them take advantage of this wonderful plan of God's mercy." Of course I'm paraphrasing because I don't actually speak Spanish. But that's about what I got. It was such a spiritual meeting, and many people came up to the missionaries afterwards and asked if they could start visiting them.
Have a great week. The Church is true, and God really does know us and love us.
mvh,
Äldste Liddle
No comments:
Post a Comment