[From the Editor: There has been a delay in getting blog posts up because Äldste Liddle was so busy he generally didn't write something suitable for the blog. I will start excerpting his emails to the family and then we'll get back to regular order now that he's been transferred out of the mission office.]
I learned a lot recently about following the promptings of the Spirit, and recognizing them. Today we gave a blessing to our mission leader's son. We walked in, and immediately I felt peace, and a strong convincing feeling that I would be called on to bless the child. And as it turned out, I was called upon to bless his son. Sunday we were going to have a prayer to close our fast, and I had a feeling to volunteer to say the prayer. Right as I was about to, Elder Sahlin decided we would decide who would say the prayer by spinning a whiteboard marker. It spun right towards me and just stopped (by physics it makes sense why it stopped so fast). But it was another witness to me that God wanted me to say that prayer. The blessing helped me realize a lot about recognizing the Spirit, and I was able to put words into feelings I had, and thoughts that were coming to my mind, and was happy and humbled to have that experience. Things seem to be working out just right lately that now I know how to recognize the Spirit. I've had so many opportunities where I've received revelation on a small subject and that made me so happy. I have to go, but the Church is true. I love you, and I know the Spirit speaks to you and me and guides us both.
Elder Liddle
No comments:
Post a Comment