Hejsan!
This was a great week! It feels super weird to be writing in English, since I'm used to so much Swedish now. My new companion, Elder Svensson, came in safely on Wednesday, and it's been only Swedish ever since. Elder Burton and I went out on a great note teaching a high-school class. Which in Sweden means giving a presentation on the restoration and plan of salvation, then answering the questions about homosexual relationships and abortion and women and the priesthood and those questions. We were very clear and bold in answering the questions, and I honestly think some people were offended. But we said everything in a loving way, and so it's not us that offended them but the truth. If the Spirit is there we know we are doing right.
We are teaching a variety of people right now. We have Swedes, Africans, Middle-Easterners, Latin Americans, and much more. We also learned a very valuable lesson this week. Every person we see that we don't want to talk to is the person we need to talk to right then. We saw this manifest multiple times this week as we found positive people when we didn't want to talk to them, but we did anyway. It's very nice to see how the gospel blesses people!
On Friday we had MLC and it was about teaching the commandments. We talked a lot about being plain and bold while we teach, which includes promising specific blessings. We got a lot that we can work with for Zone Training from that. I'm excited to see how it goes. We're also using the John Tanner story as a resource.
On Saturday we got to help out with a youth activity. The funny part was my companion's brother was the one in charge of the activity. I was put to work by translating for some Americans for the 3 hours we were there. I learned some new words that were great to have! Sunday we had a surprise though when Seppo Noso came in. You might recognize him from my time in the office. He's now married and came to visit with his wife. They went through the temple with a member that Elder Noso baptized. This week was great!
Mvh,
Äldste Liddle
No comments:
Post a Comment